Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
I've really dug Kings of Leon lately.

:cheers

Anyway, I was browsing a rap board today during one of my classes and saw a large scale argument battling over who was the better rap group, Wu-Tang Clan or G-Unit?

Honestly, I didn't think it would even be a contest, the Wu ain't nothing to F*ck with. But unfortunately, the garbage known as 50 cent has quite the following, any thoughts from the ST boards?

how anyone could think g-unit could be compared to wutang is beyond me. I know no one who follows rap that thinks highly of g-unit, just a few scattered who like Lloyd Banks. Its not even a serious conversation. Wu-tang has tons of classic albums b/w the group and solos...what does g-unit have...1? no contest.

Anyone else have the Wu-Tang clan video game for PS1? That game is sweet! I bought it at blockbuster for like $5 back in high school.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
I've seen them open for U2 and Bob Dylan, and thought they sucked each time :huh

Different strokes for different folks.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
how anyone could think g-unit could be compared to wutang is beyond me. I know no one who follows rap that thinks highly of g-unit, just a few scattered who like Lloyd Banks. Its not even a serious conversation. Wu-tang has tons of classic albums b/w the group and solos...what does g-unit have...1? no contest.

I am not a fan of rap at all, but I enjoyed listening to Liquid Swords

Wu-Tang is much better

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
Well she's headlining, so hopefully that means I can just leave early whichever day she makes god cry with her squeals.

Early exit >>> Bathroom break.

QUESTION:

Better use of laryngitis - Yoko Ono or Ron Santo?

:D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
As bad as her music is, it's unfortunately better than probably 99% of the 'alt/indie' crap out there today.

It is an interesting phenomenon how she's gone from being unlistenable crap to being seen as some sort of alt-rock icon/influence. I know the B-52's gushed over her, even having her onstage for a landmark show of theirs (25th anniversary show in 2002).

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
It is an interesting phenomenon how she's gone from being unlistenable crap to being seen as some sort of alt-rock icon/influence. I know the B-52's gushed over her, even having her onstage for a landmark show of theirs (25th anniversary show in 2002).

Well, I have no clue why the B-52s would jock her.

It seems to me that 20, 15 even 10 years ago, alt/indie rock had to be different AND good. In the last 8-5 years it seems like it's trying so hard to be different, but it's forgotten that it has to be good. That's how Ono goes from being unlistenable to icon.

where are you getting that she's headlining? There would really be no good reason to have her be the last act. Os Mutantes was because of the reunion and strong buzz about, and then Silver Jews the night before because of Berman touring for the first time. Ono isn't even really admired. Ono isn't even really listened to. She'll probably get a 4:00 spot when everyone is tired and eating polish sausages with lots of mustard. and hoping to god that they can avoid the sound from that stage.

Alzo. LMB, no, not really. I can't even listen to yoko ono, that's like special company she's in.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
Well, I have no clue why the B-52s would jock her.

It seems to me that 20, 15 even 10 years ago, alt/indie rock had to be different AND good. In the last 8-5 years it seems like it's trying so hard to be different, but it's forgotten that it has to be good. That's how Ono goes from being unlistenable to icon.

And yet somehow the B-52's made it 25 years.

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
I wonder how Rage did in there first performance.Did anyone happen to see it or hear about it?They had to be a little rusty with LaRocha.

Coachella is in 4 days, we will find out then. The next concert they have is in July, when they play consecutive dates (28th, 29th) at the Rock the Balls festival in NY

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
Coachella is in 4 days, we will find out then. The next concert they have is in July, when they play consecutive dates (28th, 29th) at the Rock the Balls festival in NY

It says on Coachella's site that they played on the 29th of April .

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)
It says on Coachella's site that they played on the 29th of April .

Ha, so it does! I looked at the countdown and thought it was 4 days until it started, looks like it started 4 days ago. Usually those types of countdown counters stay on 00:00 after the final second ticks off. LOL

Edited by kyyle23