Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
Tom Morello is the one I think that represents our generation of being the best.The man is a magician with the guitar.

That sounds like a great act/show.

A band or singer that does magic while they play music.

Alice Cooper meets Lance Burton.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
That sounds like a great act/show.

A band or singer that does magic while they play music.

Alice Cooper meets Lance Burton.

Morello has been known to make lead singers disappear. ;)

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
So anyone going to Lollapalooza this weekend? I'm still deciding if I wanna go.

If 3 day passes haven't sold out I'd still get one

I'm pumped for Radiohead, Wilco, Broken Social Scene, Okkervil River, and The National

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
he uses a lot of loops and that's all nice and well. John Mayer can imitate it but he doesn't have the soul.

:notworthy John Mayer sux every ass. One of the most over rated musicians of any era. And by the way, why the f is he always trying so hard to be funny and failing at that even worse than at music?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
Tom Morello is the one I think that represents our generation of being the best.The man is a magician with the guitar.

Best and worst comes down to personal taste. Morello is creative and has his own sounds, I'll give him that.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:10 AM)
:notworthy John Mayer sux every ass. One of the most over rated musicians of any era. And by the way, why the f is he always trying so hard to be funny and failing at that even worse than at music?

It really bugs me that he will copy solos from stevie ray vaughan live but never credit him. Technically, the guy is sound, but (and this is the heart of my music beliefs) talent means absolutely s*** in music. There've been some that have been blessed with talent and something to say, but if I had the choice to choose among a great technical guitarist and one who can make a product of his life and feelings, it's the latter every time. And when people give credit to mayer as a positive when he says he only makes pop songs for money but his real heart is in the john mayer trio, it just makes me cringe.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I'm coming home for the weekend, I might catch Hollywood Holt at the empty bottle. Might I see anyone else there?

Didn't hear about this, details please

QUOTE (GoRowand33 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
If 3 day passes haven't sold out I'd still get one

I'm pumped for Radiohead, Wilco, Broken Social Scene, Okkervil River, and The National

3-day passes are still available for $205 on the website but you can find em cheaper on ebay/craig's list.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
Didn't hear about this, details please

3-day passes are still available for $205 on the website but you can find em cheaper on ebay/craig's list.

I was off on the location. Saturday night 9 pm at the Abbey Pub.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
Anyone checked out the new Hold Steady album?

Yeah, I got it. Haven't got to really sit and listen to it yet, but it seems pretty solid after a few times.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
Yeah, I got it. Haven't got to really sit and listen to it yet, but it seems pretty solid after a few times.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this because THS is probably my favorite current band, but I'm dissapointed in the bits I've heard. I've yet to listen to all of it straight through.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)

Sequestered in Memphis, Lord I'm discouraged and the 11th song (can't remember what it's called) are my favs so far.

kudos to the pitchfork for reminding me about Diplo and Santogold mixtape. I downloaded it before those black days where my computer crashed. This mixtape is awesome, some of my favorite dubstep songs made it on there and he found so many gems. Diplo continues to hold my attention.