Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
where are you getting that she's headlining? There would really be no good reason to have her be the last act. Os Mutantes was because of the reunion and strong buzz about, and then Silver Jews the night before because of Berman touring for the first time. Ono isn't even really admired. Ono isn't even really listened to. She'll probably get a 4:00 spot when everyone is tired and eating polish sausages with lots of mustard. and hoping to god that they can avoid the sound from that stage.

Alzo. LMB, no, not really. I can't even listen to yoko ono, that's like special company she's in.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=P...rk+Ono+headline

First round of bands announced for Iceland Airwaves 07 in Reykjavik Oct 17-21

!!! (US), Ampop (IS), Bloc Party (UK), Best Fwends (US), Benni Hemm Hemm (IS), Benny Crespo’s Gang (IS), Buck 65 (CA), Dikta (IS), FM Belfast (IS), Eberg (IS), Esja (IS), Gavin Portland (IS), Gus Gus (IS), Hjaltalín (IS), Jenny Wilson (SE), Jeff Who? (IS), Kira Kira, Lay Low (IS), Mammút (IS), Motion Boys (IS), Mugison (IS), múm (IS), My Summer as a Salvation Soldier (IS), Ólöf Arnalds (IS), of Montreal (US), Pétur Ben (IS), Reykjavík! (IS), Retro Stefson (IS), Seabear (IS), Shadow Parade (IS), Sign (IS), Sprengjuhöllinn (IS) Steed Lord (IS) og Ultra Mega Technóbandið Stefán (IS).

mum is pretty amazing and I'd love to see gus gus and Benni Hemm Hemm.

Anyone seen !!!, Bloc Party, of Montreal?

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ May 3, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
First round of bands announced for Iceland Airwaves 07 in Reykjavik Oct 17-21

mum is pretty amazing and I'd love to see gus gus and Benni Hemm Hemm.

Anyone seen !!! - :headbang , Bloc Party - mehhhh , of Montreal above avg, get annoying with costume changes

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 4, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
Listening to the new Marilyn Manson right now. The first song was cool, but the second one is boring the piss out of me.

The Beautiful People is the only song of his I've ever enjoyed.

There was a song on Anti-Christ Superstar that was much better than "Beautiful People", but it never made it out as a single. Much more aggresive and "hooky" actually. Have you heard that full length? Manson is one of the most "hit or miss" artists to ever work, IMO. When he is good, he is REAL good, but when he is bad, he's terribly boring. The new one has a couple of good tracks, but is more "in one ear, out the other" than anything else. The guitar tone is killer on most tracks though. When he is "rocking" it carries a very Alice Cooper feel to it due to those guitars.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 4, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
Yeah, I have Antichrist Superstar.

I didn't really like anything else on it.

It's a true dust collector.

I agree, aside from that one song (I guess, the fact that I don't remember it at all and don't remember the title kind of shows the holes in my defending anything the guy has done...). But all of Manson's stuff eventually becomes "dust collectors". I like them all at first...but then they just fade from the memory and I lose 100% interest in them.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 4, 2007 -> 04:00 AM)
bmags, how long has your avatar been the album cover to "Spiderland"

I just noticed it now

urrr...maybe november, not sure. Besides being a great album, i realllly love that picture, reminds me of stand by me a lot. Oldham took it, I hear.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2007 -> 07:32 AM)
Paul McCartney's new CD "Memory Almost Full" comes out June 5th. Hopefully that means another tour is in the works.

Any truth to the rumor that the CD was going to be titled "Bank Half Empty"?

:D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 8, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)
LOL! Considering the ex, I think a whole lot of off-color "half" jokes could be made. :D

Well, I certainly wasn't going to sink that low.....I'm not going out on a limb like that.....maybe you thought you could stump me or something.....I don't know how you think you have me pegged.....

Anyone heard of Jamie T yet? If not you will do soon. Here's a link to his MySpace site LINK Sheila is his first single. He reminds me a lot of Joe Strummer, especialy on some of the reggae tinged tracks on the album.

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 4, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
There was a song on Anti-Christ Superstar that was much better than "Beautiful People", but it never made it out as a single. Much more aggresive and "hooky" actually. Have you heard that full length? Manson is one of the most "hit or miss" artists to ever work, IMO. When he is good, he is REAL good, but when he is bad, he's terribly boring. The new one has a couple of good tracks, but is more "in one ear, out the other" than anything else. The guitar tone is killer on most tracks though. When he is "rocking" it carries a very Alice Cooper feel to it due to those guitars.

I believe that Mechanical Animals was and will always be Marilyn Mansons finest effort, top to bottom. Antichrist Superstar was good but rough around the edges, which he probably preferred. Mechanical Animals was polished to perfection. I still love to blast "The last day on Earth"

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
God damn, I love that squealy guitar sound!!!

....but that girl guitarist in the video grew up to be FUGLY!

:lol:

Saw Dinosaur a couple of nights ago and the ringing in my head is finally starting to go away.

Kinda dissapointed, the new material sounds like crap, clearly they have not rehearsed it. The crowd knew it and the band knew it. The old stuff rocked a usual. Mascis is God.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 12, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
Saw Dinosaur a couple of nights ago and the ringing in my head is finally starting to go away.

Kinda dissapointed, the new material sounds like crap, clearly they have not rehearsed it. The crowd knew it and the band knew it. The old stuff rocked a usual. Mascis is God.

That's disappointing.

How the hell do you hit the road without getting your new material hashed out?

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 12, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
That's disappointing.

How the hell do you hit the road without getting your new material hashed out?

After butchering the first three songs of the night and receiving only an awkward smattering of applause:

Lou: "This is a new one called 'Almost Ready', haha, kinda like us and this tour"

Guy from the crowd: "almost ready, kinda like that last song!"

Lou: "well, it's a new record, you know"

Guy from the record: "yeah, well thanks a lot for trying it out on us"

Lou: "yeah, well thx for your money"

After Murph blew the opening to 'Been There All The Time':

Lou: "wow, I can't believe Murph doesn't know this song, we've only played it on TV three thimes this week".

Something tells me this reunion won't last.