Music Thread

greasywheels121

Metallica's new album cover looks like a giant vagina, so the record better be good or else that will be part of the joke....

I'm in no way a huge metallica fan, more a casual fan, so my guess is the production will be better (how could it not be? A 22 year old with pro-tools could have made a better sounding album than St. Anger) I have no clue what to expect as far as the sound of the album will be...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
Metallica's new album cover looks like a giant vagina, so the record better be good or else that will be part of the joke....

I'm in no way a huge metallica fan, more a casual fan, so my guess is the production will be better (how could it not be? A 22 year old with pro-tools could have made a better sounding album than St. Anger) I have no clue what to expect as far as the sound of the album will be...

Cali reminds me that I just saw Bleeding Through and Bullet for my Valentine two nights ago and it was f***ing awesome

QUOTE (Shadows @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
Cali reminds me that I just saw Bleeding Through and Bullet for my Valentine two nights ago and it was f***ing awesome

My tag may say Resident Metal Head, but thats so not true anymore haha.

I still enjoy metal, but my tastes have expanded to the point that my Non-Metal playlist is more than double my metal playlist on my iPod.

I did pick up the new Misery Signals album "Controller" today. Love those guys, check out the song "Reset", f***ing HEAVY.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
My tag may say Resident Metal Head, but thats so not true anymore haha.

I still enjoy metal, but my tastes have expanded to the point that my Non-Metal playlist is more than double my metal playlist on my iPod.

I did pick up the new Misery Signals album "Controller" today. Love those guys, check out the song "Reset", f***ing HEAVY.

Aside the fact im disgusted by your news, I shall check out that song.

Oh this is dirty, I found a video of the wall of death we did at that concert the other night, im on the right side but you cant see me I already checked but it was badass..

Edited by Shadows

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:15 AM)
I don't know what face I expected that voice to come out of, but that wasn't at all what I imagined!

I like the Hold Steady well enough, but I do get that "heard one song, heard 'em all" vibe from them.

Their live shows would change your mind. That's why their live shows are such a big part of the appeal. But I guess if you feel that way, you'd never be interested in seeing them live.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)
Their live shows would change your mind. That's why their live shows are such a big part of the appeal. But I guess if you feel that way, you'd never be interested in seeing them live.

Nah, probably not.

I have a few of their songs on the Pod, and it's always good when those songs come up on shuffle, but I'm not fan enough to want to see them live.

I saw that performance on YouTube, it was good but not exceptional, but I'm guessing it's not really representative of a true live setting.

These days, I have to really be into a band to go to a concert. I'm pretty burnt out on the whole concert thing at this point.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)
Im a huge Brand New fan. The song "Sudden Death in Carolina" is probably my favorite song that band has, with "Sic Transit Gloria......" a short distance behind.

Jude Law and a Semester Abroad is one of my all times faves also.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
Jude Law and a Semester Abroad is one of my all times faves also.

They are playing a post lollapalooza show either this friday or next at the Metro. Fly your aussie assie to Chicago and I will make time to go

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
They are playing a post lollapalooza show either this friday or next at the Metro. Fly your aussie assie to Chicago and I will make time to go

My faith in Airlines is at an all time low at the moment (see the drunk thread).

But I'm off to Memphis and upstate NY the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they do a show in New York sometime soon.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 12:55 AM)
Nah, probably not.

I have a few of their songs on the Pod, and it's always good when those songs come up on shuffle, but I'm not fan enough to want to see them live.

I saw that performance on YouTube, it was good but not exceptional, but I'm guessing it's not really representative of a true live setting.

These days, I have to really be into a band to go to a concert. I'm pretty burnt out on the whole concert thing at this point.

I hear you and $18.00-$20.00 is the most I'll pay to see anyone.

saw hollywood holt, Mano, GLC and Mike terror on friday

Saw Radiohead and Grizzly Bear last night.

Both were excellent. I hadn't a preview of what radiohead's set was going to look like. Very cool. They didn't play long enough for me though. Neither did Holt, now that I think about it.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)
So, I hear there will be a Foo Fighters Greatest Hits Album.

Wonder what it will entail besides the obvious.

On ESP&G, Let it Die quickly became my favorite.

Let it Die is ok, I like the Pretender and even Long Road to Ruin more, but I haven't listened to it enough to really know.

And apparently Eve 6 is getting back together, but with a different guitarist.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
How was this?

Pretty awesome. We went to the friday show not the sat. show which was probably longer and more crowded. This was another lolla after party and sparsely crowded, my brother said it was a place pretty far (Ukranian Village).

This first act went on, Calico or something, and he was awful. He was trying hard enough, he was just terrible.

Once Mike Terror went on it got better. He's pretty good, I was gonna go look for his myspace, apparantly he has a remix of MIA's "come around".

Holt was awesome. He's so energetic and Mano's beats are perfectly complementary to Holt's voice and stage presence. I really want to catch him again. It made me put on Holt's mixtape and discover the last half of the disc which is SO much better IMO than the first.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Pretty awesome. We went to the friday show not the sat. show which was probably longer and more crowded. This was another lolla after party and sparsely crowded, my brother said it was a place pretty far (Ukranian Village).

This first act went on, Calico or something, and he was awful. He was trying hard enough, he was just terrible.

Once Mike Terror went on it got better. He's pretty good, I was gonna go look for his myspace, apparantly he has a remix of MIA's "come around".

Holt was awesome. He's so energetic and Mano's beats are perfectly complementary to Holt's voice and stage presence. I really want to catch him again. It made me put on Holt's mixtape and discover the last half of the disc which is SO much better IMO than the first.

I've been sleeping way too hard on Holt, had no clue about a mixtape...any chance of a link?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
Handlebars by the flobots

tru loves it.

Thx.

Last night, I flick the TV on and these guys were on Carson Daly's show. I guess it's proof positive that they suck.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 06:32 AM)
Thx.

Last night, I flick the TV on and these guys were on Carson Daly's show. I guess it's proof positive that they suck.

haha, I hate that song so much. Reminds me of fort minor/suburban rap.