Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 07:15 AM)
Kings of Leon is supposed to be announcing a US tour today. New CD 9/23.

Also, my little brother is opening up for the Kottonmouth Kings in Milwaukee next Tuesday.

http://www.myspace.com/thclp

Nice. They're playing at All Points West this weekend in Jersey City IIRC. Am gonna miss out, but definitely want to catch them live somewhere while I'm over here.

And w00t, 25,000 posts finally! :headbang

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
Man, anyone else think that song "I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie is one of the strangest songs they've ever heard? It's almost an official stalking theme. Even the baseline intro and piano seems to fit the mood.

They have been pretty dark lately.Their melodies seem up beat but when you listen to the words its all about death and loosing someone.But it is a damn good stalking song,really gets ya in the mood. :ph34r:

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
haha, I hate that song so much. Reminds me of fort minor/suburban rap.

Meh it's better than the guys who rap about how much money they have, b****es and ho's they bang, size of the rims they own, and the cars in which those "twenty-fo's" are on...

Plus Flobots are awesome cause one of the songs has the lyric "This is outta hand like Buster Bluthe..." :lol:

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
Meh it's better than the guys who rap about how much money they have, b****es and ho's they bang, size of the rims they own, and the cars in which those "twenty-fo's" are on...

no it isn't

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
no it isn't

Yes, it is. Granted I don't listen to much rap on my own, so this is going by stuff on the radio, but everything is either about A)Hos, B)Shooting people, or C)Shooting people who banged your hos.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
Yes, it is. Granted I don't listen to much rap on my own, so this is going by stuff on the radio, but everything is either about A)Hos, B)Shooting people, or C)Shooting people who banged your hos.

Naw. Mostly stuff nowadays is mostly about stupid dances or your "ice" unless your listening to TRUE hip-hop. ( the Commons, Nas, Lupes, Cool Kids, Bones, etc.. etc.. of the world)

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)

So since you don't listen to much rap, you're gonna generalize....good call.

The lyrics have something to say, thats why they're better than the b****es n ho's kinda guys.

I mean listening to "Where'd You Go" compared to some Lil' John WHAT? song is like looking at a finger painting compared to a Picasso....(Lyrically)

But I get it. These guys arent in it to be groundbreaking and thought provoking lyricists, they're trying to make a song with a nice beat and some really easy lyrics to song along with so they get played at clubs. People just wanna f***ing dance and scream "To the windooooowwwww to the walll!" They do this for as long as they can and make as much money as they can, and then fade into obscurity, where they belong....

Edited by Cali

the thing is, from a depth level the flobots stupid lyrics are just as shallow. It's like poetry read in my creative writing class in high school. I'm much rather listen to clever verses showing off bravado than that.

And when did the cool kids started rapping about anything? I like them, but they switched out benz's and shoes for bikes and shoes.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
The lyrics have something to say, thats why they're better than the b****es n ho's kinda guys.

I mean listening to "Where'd You Go" compared to some Lil' John WHAT? song is like looking at a finger painting compared to a Picasso....(Lyrically)

But I get it. These guys arent in it to be groundbreaking and thought provoking lyricists, they're trying to make a song with a nice beat and some really easy lyrics to song along with so they get played at clubs. People just wanna f***ing dance and scream "To the windooooowwwww to the walll!" They do this for as long as they can and make as much money as they can, and then fade into obscurity, where they belong....

Really, "Where'd You Go"? switch out the drum machine with guitars and drums and you've got a typical emo song by a pop punk band.

The Batman Soundtrack is gotta be some of the best if not the best orchestra music I've heard of all time.

Like a Dog Chasing Cars, Why So Serious and Introduce a little Anarchy are all very, very catchy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
the thing is, from a depth level the flobots stupid lyrics are just as shallow. It's like poetry read in my creative writing class in high school. I'm much rather listen to clever verses showing off bravado than that.

And when did the cool kids started rapping about anything? I like them, but they switched out benz's and shoes for bikes and shoes.

Did you mean benz's and ho's?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
So since you don't listen to much rap, you're gonna generalize....good call.

That's exactly why I qualified it. Put a different way, it's "I've heard all this stuff off on the radio, and I like what I heard from the Flobots more than other stuff I heard, which typically seemed to be about guns and women."

Video of Metallica playing a new song, Cyanide, at Ozzfest.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=102536

I dunno, I'm not crazy about it. It's definitely better than Fake Anger, and they're trying to get back to the longer songs with a lot of breaks and time changes, but it just lacks something to me. I was hoping James was going to get away from the yodeling vocal style and growl a little more, but it's not happening here.

It's decent, but it doesn't make me want to buy or even "otherwise obtain" the new disc.

Gearing up for my night of Old Man MEHTULL this coming Tuesday!

Heaven & Hell, Judas Priest, Motorhead and Testament!!!

At the New First Tweetworld Musibank Amphicenter!!!!

:headbang :headbang

A FIVE-THIRTY P.M. START TIME!!

NOTHING says MEH-TULL like a 5:30 start time!!!!

The sun and/or the reflection off the balding heads in the crowd will BLIND the members of Testament!!!!

For me, it's STRAIGHT from the Early Bird at Denny's to the show - Hell To The YEAH!!!!

I posted about this band a while back but I have grown to love them more and more.For anyone into Indie rock you have to check out Tokyo Police Club, every god damn song on that album is catchy TFWIW.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
Going to see the Allman Brothers tomorrow.

This was, by far, the worst concert I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. During a 3-hour set, they played (and I'm not exaggerating) 8-10 songs. Only two of them were relatively popular songs. f*** this band, that's all I have to say.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 12:53 AM)
This was, by far, the worst concert I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. During a 3-hour set, they played (and I'm not exaggerating) 8-10 songs. Only two of them were relatively popular songs. f*** this band, that's all I have to say.

Sorry you had a bad time, dude.

I don't like the Allman Brothers, so I didn't want to say anything before you went.

Did the Allman Brothers' hardcore fans seem to enjoy the show?

I saw Blues Traveler once, and it was the same thing - a ton of "noodling" turning 4 minute songs into 14 minute snoozefests.

I hate that crap.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 12:53 AM)

You probably just did not take enough drugs.