Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 04:37 AM)
I can never get past the singers voice with the Kings of Leon, he sounds mildly retarded to me.

I know what you mean. Maybe its because they're all related and from the South, but the band has always made me think of the mutant-inbred Peacock brothers from the X-Files episode "Home."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)
There's some good songs on the new CD (like Sex on Fire, I think that's the first one they played), but overall its just very...blah.

If you like that song, you should check out either of their first two albums.

They said they wanted to be the "American Coldplay".

So there's you problem.

I took think there's not enough Rock'N'Roll on there, and that's when the band is at its best.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)

So there's you problem.

I took think there's not enough Rock'N'Roll on there, and that's when the band is at its best.

And thats what his voice is made for,he doesnt have a soft rock voice.When they rock out they get me pumped,great workout or fast driving music.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)

So there's you problem.

They kind of are the American Coldplay, their first album was good and the rest keep getting s***tier.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
where did you see them at? I've seen them a number of times and they've always sounded good. However, I can easily see how in the wrong venue or with the wrong sound person they would sound terrible, their live show is heavily Noel guitar driven, so if that is f'd up the whole thing could go to pot

I saw them open for The Black Crowes, on the 'Brotherly Love' tour at Tinley, many years ago. They sounded like constant airport noise.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
Does anybody know who does the song on "Mike And Mike In The Morning" that has the line (the only line they play) "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby"? Not so easy to Google the dang thing when all you have to go on is "Ruby" and "Mike".

I know the feeling. Last night me and my wife saw a commercial where a female singer is singing "Ground Control to Major Tom", and we started arguing about who the singer was. I couldnt find it online anywhere

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
I know the feeling. Last night me and my wife saw a commercial where a female singer is singing "Ground Control to Major Tom", and we started arguing about who the singer was. I couldnt find it online anywhere

It's Cat Power. Singer is Chan Marshall.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)

And the song is actually called Space Oddity. It's a common misconception.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)
Does anybody know who does the song on "Mike And Mike In The Morning" that has the line (the only line they play) "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby"? Not so easy to Google the dang thing when all you have to go on is "Ruby" and "Mike".

I believe you are referring to Ruby by The Kaiser Chiefs.

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=...822107858642840

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 04:31 AM)
I saw them open for The Black Crowes, on the 'Brotherly Love' tour at Tinley, many years ago. They sounded like constant airport noise.

Hmmm, I saw them there that night too, I had close tickets, sounded OK to me, but it is Tinley Park and I have very low standards for that sound.

I just got 2 tickets to see them in December at Allstate with the internet presale. I'm excited.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)
BINGO!!! Thanks! It's a pretty darn cool song! I like that one. I'll have to check out their other stuff.

You need to listen to I Predict a Riot then. You'll either love it or hate it.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
You need to listen to I Predict a Riot then. You'll either love it or hate it.

I checked out the tune for that song, and I liked it a whole bunch. Turns out one of my buddies here at work is a big Kaiser Chiefs fan, and a fan of the spin off band The Kaisers.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
That's how much my tickets were and they are very good floor seats. I was pretty happy with the prices

We're in the Press Box for where Sporting Events are, Row A Tier 300, fairly close to the stage apparently.

Wonder if Noel Gallagher will go apes*** if someone jumps up on stage again (after Toronto). :lolhitting

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
Hmmm, I saw them there that night too, I had close tickets, sounded OK to me, but it is Tinley Park and I have very low standards for that sound.

I just got 2 tickets to see them in December at Allstate with the internet presale. I'm excited.

For a big city, the Chicago area has some God awful big music venues..... when it comes to sound that is. Tinley, Aragon, Allstate....

I saw Weezer yesterday at the Allstate Arena. Not a bad show, I've seen them multiple times at smaller/better venues, so I just went had some drinks and had a good time. They put together a good set list.

Angels and Airwaves opened and oh my god are they bad. I hadn't heard much by them, but good lord was it bad. I am actually a pretty big Blink-182 fan, but after last night I realized that Tom needs Mark Hoppus. Every song, except the last one, was just whiny and pretentious. I will give them that their last song, my friend's wife said it was a hit, was actually good because it was actual rock and roll.

Any Hold Steady fans know the name of the 2nd to last song on Stay Positive? It starts out, "If she asks, don't tell her that I'm living hand to mouth" and ends each verse with some kind of drug reference. That song and the last one are not listed on the album.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
Any Hold Steady fans know the name of the 2nd to last song on Stay Positive? It starts out, "If she asks, don't tell her that I'm living hand to mouth" and ends each verse with some kind of drug reference. That song and the last one are not listed on the album.

Kick ass song: "Ask her for Aderall"