3/19/07 - Kansas City vs. Chicago

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully Juan steals more than 0 bases this year.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Wow. Juan was rollin on that inside the park HR.

And let me go on record as saying Ross Gload is going to light us up this year.

Mike Sweeney too, always....

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
If last year was any indication, we should add Mark Teehan to that list.

Teahen will light up more than just White Sox pitchers. KC has a couple of good young hitters: Alex Gordon, Shealy and Teahen. I guess all of those years in the cellar should produce some good players.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
Teahen will light up more than just White Sox pitchers. KC has a couple of good young hitters: Alex Gordon, Shealy and Teahen. I guess all of those years in the cellar should produce some good players.

Sweeney is the ultimate Sox killers the past few years. Luckily he's been hurt and missed us a lot. Travis Hafner has to be up on that list too!

who was that short white outfielder for the royals that in 04 kept making ridiculous catches against us and hitting all over us?

also...anyone planning on going to the sox @ royals game on april 20-22 i believe are the dates?

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)

Royals have good positional player, but few pitchers. The upcoming amateur draft is loaded with talented pitchers. Kansas City selects 2nd. They're almost guaranteed to select a potential #1/#2.

If Luke Hochever projects, and their selection this year turns into anything of value, the Royals could easily be the 2006 Tigers in three years.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Sweeney is the ultimate Sox killers the past few years. Luckily he's been hurt and missed us a lot. Travis Hafner has to be up on that list too!

Definitely. I was at the game, I believe it was last year, where Hafner came up and just annihilated a pitch from the Flame Thrower (AKA Cotts), before he turned totally bad. It was one of the hardest hit balls I have ever seen. That and the Bonds homer he hit off of Garland a few years back. He hit it to Right Centerfield, three-quarters of the way up and it left the yard in about 2.5 second. It was ridiculous.

Our team needs to pound the strikezone inside this year. We pitched to opponents like we were scouting ourselves. We just went away away away and then got rocked.

If our pitchers used that approach on us, they would be Cy Young, however most other teams adjust and start to rip doubles into the right center gap.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Definitely. I was at the game, I believe it was last year, where Hafner came up and just annihilated a pitch from the Flame Thrower (AKA Cotts), before he turned totally bad. It was one of the hardest hit balls I have ever seen. That and the Bonds homer he hit off of Garland a few years back. He hit it to Right Centerfield, three-quarters of the way up and it left the yard in about 2.5 second. It was ridiculous.

I remember Hafner taking Legend deep too. Just as DJ was trying to say that Logan will be fine and he's just got to not put a ball over the plate - ball over the plate, Legend's not fine, ball lands 450 feet away and the score was tied.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
If Luke Hochever projects, and their selection this year turns into anything of value, the Royals could easily be the 2006 Tigers in three years.

They've been selecting high for years with no real success. The royals will be the royals.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
I remember Hafner taking Legend deep too. Just as DJ was trying to say that Logan will be fine and he's just got to not put a ball over the plate - ball over the plate, Legend's not fine, ball lands 450 feet away and the score was tied.

ugh, he kilt that ball. That one made me sick.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Royals have good positional player, but few pitchers. The upcoming amateur draft is loaded with talented pitchers. Kansas City selects 2nd. They're almost guaranteed to select a potential #1/#2.

Definitely. The key there is the pitching. Tigers, Twins and White Sox all win/won with pitching. That will probably tell the tale for the Indians this year. They have the offense, but do they have the pitching?

If teams invest in scouting, get lucky on the draft and develop players, any team can do what the Tigers did. Marlins do it the best out of anyone, and if could spend a little more, they would even be better.

Russell so far has a good arm with movement. This is the type of prospect that we should keep a hold of. You can draft a million safe pitchers, but something that has a live arm and can miss bats is a good thing.

he needs seasoning but lets keep up with it.