3/19/07 - Kansas City vs. Chicago

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Uribe and Anderson have combined for 11Ks. Of course they have 4 HR and 8BB between them as well. Ersty has 0 and 2, respectively, though not respectably.

But we know he's a great top of the order hitter, because he's done it before. He was a very important part of that juggernaut offense the LAA ran out there the last few years.

Plus, Anderson's HR today shows he's swinging for the fences instead of generating productive outs like Ersty. BA needs some more time in AAA to learn how to play the game the right way.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
How quickly the love for Erstad turns sour. Negative Nancys! :P

Did I ever actually love the guy? I don't really think so.

The only problem is that there is still some risk in any guy you give to Ozzie, at least based on previous experience. Ozzie has shown no willingness in previous seasons to adapt his usage of people to their performance; hence Mackowiak being placed in CF so often last year, Timo Perez seeing significant playing time in 2005, some of Ozzie's pitching/bullpen decisions, etc.

It's entirely possible that this move could wind up limiting Anderson to 350 at bats next season, further stunting whatever chance he had at developing as a big league hitter, and also hurting the White Sox by keeping Anderson's defense out of CF, at the same time as putting a .220 hitting guy who's lost several steps into the lineup every other day. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but based on how Anderson/Mackowiak were dealt with last year, I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
But we know he's a great top of the order hitter, because he's done it before. He was a very important part of that juggernaut offense the LAA ran out there the last few years.

Plus, Anderson's HR today shows he's swinging for the fences instead of generating productive outs like Ersty. BA needs some more time in AAA to learn how to play the game the right way.

You must be joking. I don't even know how to respond. Forget hitting it hard/deep BA! Hit to the right side.

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
You must be joking. I don't even know how to respond. Forget hitting it hard/deep BA! Hit to the right side.

I'm 87% sure he was being sarcastic...at least I hope...

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
Yes...yes I was....

i agree with you man, what has erstad done except GRIND to show that he belongs in our CF over Anderson? NOTHING. For the love of God anderson finally looks like he's pulling his s*** together and we send him to AAA? wow... i'm just hoping Erstad goes down early and hard. How sad is that?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
i agree with you man, what has erstad done except GRIND to show that he belongs in our CF over Anderson? NOTHING. For the love of God anderson finally looks like he's pulling his s*** together and we send him to AAA? wow... i'm just hoping Erstad goes down early and hard. How sad is that?

While I don't want anyone going down, and will cheer for whoever we put out there, I'd rather Erstad slide over to LF if anything, let Pods be the sunflower seed fetcher until we need a late inning pinch runner.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)

I spent most fo the 2nd half last year hoping Mack would get hurt adn being really really mad at myself for it. It sure looks like I may be spending another season hoping for an injury to someone I should be cheering for, and I like it just about as much.