White Sox @ A's

Balta1701

So, we get the A's today in Phoenix. Charlie Haeger vs. Rich Harden...now there's a pair of contrasting pitching styles if I've ever seen one.

Ozuna, LF

Cintron, 2b

Konerko, 1b

Dye, RF

Pierzynski, C

Fields, 3B

Mackowiak, DH

Terrero, CF

Uribe, SS

Haeger, P

Kendall, C

Swisher, 1b

Bradley, CF

Piazza, DH

Buck, RF

Scutaro, SS

Merloni, 3b

Perez, A., 2B

Goleski, LF

Harden, P

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
i plan on balta somehow doing play by play fer me.

Can't guarantee I'll be able to sit @ the computer for the whole game, but I'll contribute what I can. Gameday Audio I'm on, appears only the Oakland feed is available today.

Ozuna goes 2-0 and doubles to teh wall in LF.

Cintron can't get a bunt down, but grounds out to 2nd. Runner to 3rd.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Can't guarantee I'll be able to sit @ the computer for the whole game, but I'll contribute what I can. Gameday Audio I'm on, appears only the Oakland feed is available today.

Balta - where are you seeing Gameday audio?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
Balta - where are you seeing Gameday audio?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mediacente...ex.jsp#20070320

If you look to the right under the CWS/OAK line, under "home" there should be a webcast option available.

Dye singles in Ozuna. 1-0 Sox.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)

I know it's spring training, but what's with sac bunting in the first inning? I think I don't like Ozzieball...Grinderball...whatever it's called.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
I know it's spring training, but what's with sac bunting in the first inning? I think I don't like Ozzieball...Grinderball...whatever it's called.

Considering it's Cintron, he's still recovering from surgery, and it never hurts to try to practice bunting against the hardest type pitcher to bunt against (high fastball) can't say it's a bad choice. Job is to get ready for the season, not win ST games.

Fields goes full, then strikes out swinging. Inning.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)

Why not? That's an important way to score in the regular season, so why not start now?

I especially hate the idea of bunting before Thome in the 3 spot. Thome is good at a lot of things, but he's not exactly proficient at hitting sac flies. With him, you're just as likely to get a 2 run homer as you are a deep fly ball.

Bradley GIDP 543. Inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
I especially hate the idea of bunting before Thome in the 3 spot. Thome is good at a lot of things, but he's not exactly proficient at hitting sac flies. With him, you're just as likely to get a 2 run homer as you are a deep fly ball.

Well, the one thing that putting a guy on 3rd, especially ozuna, does if Thome is coming up is it prevents the opponent from putting on the shift, because they have to keep someone at 3rd base otherwise Pablo will waltz home.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
Why not? That's an important way to score in the regular season, so why not start now?

If the goal today was just to practice moving somone over that's fine. I just don't want to see it happen in the first inning of a regular season game. I'm hoping that's not a strategy the Sox will employ.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)
what are the anouncers saying about haegers knuckler?

He's having trouble throwing anything for strikes. I think he threw 2 or 3 strikes...one was a fly-out by Kendall, one was a GIDP to Fields.

Mack is out. Not sure how.

Terrero forwards k.

Uribe popup RF. 123 inning.

LOL, commercial just pronounced Thome's name as, well, "thome", 1 syllable, kinda like thumb.

Leadoff walk.

The first inning wasnt a problem from an offensive standpoint. They got a guy on, they got him over and they got him in. If that is how it works great.

I just fear that we wont have a guy on, and then we will be working in a drive the ball on every pitch mode to score runs.