Sox Targeting Cory Lidle, possibly for C. Lee

aboz56

Guest hotsoxchick1

lidle would be ok but at what cost? you certianly cant start him off with more money than mark... and dont think he aint watching this one .............

Guest hotsoxchick1

keep guessing.....lol... they had better sign mark to something special or he will walk.. no make that run .. the first chance he gets.. and we will be f***ed..........

Right now, Buehrle doesn't deserve more than a 3 year deal worth no more than $12 million. That is more than fair based on compensation guys like Zito and Pujols are currently getting. In a few years, we can talk big money with Buehrle but at least give him a considerable raise after his first two seasons.

Guest hotsoxchick1

he aint going to get any raises ... not while they are signing paulie, maggs et el... there wont be any money left for him........we are in dire need of pitching .. you would think they would lock that up first......

I always have noticed Jr pays his youngsters fairly and is willing to lock them up.

I tend to agree with abozichiu that 12 mill is fair. Typically before you are an unrestricted free agent you will make less.

I also do know the Sox toyed with Buerhle last year, but it isn't the typical way they treat their youngsters. To me they are actually one of the best organizations of giving their younger players fair contracts, keeping them happy.

They did it with Frank, Ray, Maggs, Pk....

Guest hotsoxchick1

not only toyed with him but they put off his manager for quite sometime now.. you would think that you would treat your number one pitcher with a little bit more respect since he is the only thing you have going for you at the present moment .... wouldnt you????