Sox v Mariners, at TEP, 3:05pm, 3/22/07

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
So papelboner back to closer, mistake or good idea?

All depends on his shoulder. If he can't stay healthy working 80 games during a seasons, it's a bad idea. It does fit their needs better, but that's the whole key.

Ground crew is back out...gradually starting the tarp removal process.

Tarp = off.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
All depends on his shoulder. If he can't stay healthy working 80 games during a seasons, it's a bad idea. It does fit their needs better, but that's the whole key.

Ground crew is back out...gradually starting the tarp removal process.

Its just hard for me to believe that we place so much value on closers. In the past 25 years or so, how many long term successful closers have we seen? 5 maybe? How many long term successful starting pitchers? Closers come and go, starters are just more valuable and more consistent.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
Its just hard for me to believe that we place so much value on closers. In the past 25 years or so, how many long term successful closers have we seen? 5 maybe? How many long term successful starting pitchers? Closers come and go, starters are just more valuable and more consistent.

I think that the value of most closers is quite a bit over-done. Think the White Sox in 05, the Cardinals in 06, Marlins in 03, D-Backs in 02, none of them really had a single dominant closer for the whole season IIRC.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
Farmer likes Danks and Anderson to make the team.....

I am vastly more passionate about that last spot in the OF than I am that 5th spot in the rotation right now, because I think the difference there is gonig to be a lot more pronounced than the difference between the options in the 5th starter spot.

Although, if Logan hasn't earned a spot in the bullpen, KW ought to just resign.

Brad Thomas on for relief of Ramirez. Dye first pitch GIDP. Inning over. We waited 45 minutes for that?

Haeger in fact on to pitch. Hey, Mike Morse up to the plate. And the 2nd pitch flies out to left. Tie game, 2-2

Edited by Balta1701

Dye 1 pitch DP inning over.

I really think this team is f***ed if (1) Iguchi isn't batting second and (2) Anderson is not in center. When did Darin Erstad become a god? He is having a spring that resembles his career. The whole situation confuses me. As you can see from my earlier post I confuse rather easily.

Morse up.

Haegar in.

Morse homers on the second pitch.

Edited by Jenks Heat

Lopez 1 hop single to right. Jeremy Reed up.

Ball in the dirt but not too far away.

Reed base hit up the middle. 1st and 2nd, anderson quickly up with the ball.

First pitch single by Bloomquist. Run scores, 3-2 Mariners. 1st and 3rd, 1 out.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
Haegar not really looking like somebody that wants to make the major league team.

Yea that was my pick for the 5th starter's role but I think his fate was decided on his last outing even though I'm sure Ozzie wanted to take one more look at him.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
:wub:

He'll have a good season IMO.

Farmer added that Reed has been having some injury issues of late.

Charlie gets up 0-2 on Vidro, close pitch, then a strikeout swinging. Good finish charlie.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
(2) Anderson is not in center. When did Darin Erstad become a god?

Probably when he was part of a championship team, an all star and earned his 2 GG's. Funny though, BA is a god after having a less than average second half of a season, but imporved from his first half season.