3/23/06 Sox @ Rockies 3:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
Watched the replay of Floyd pitching. Everything about him looks bad. His delivery/arm slot is awful, as you can pick up the ball right away. His fastball is in the 89 range, and he can't throw his offspeed pitch over the plate. He is nowhere near having good control, and that's what his downfall is right now. I'll make the prediction that he won't have an ERA under 4.50 in AAA.

Since you watched the game fathom, what was the difference b/w his outing today and his outing last time when he pitched a lot better?

Anything you can tell in terms of stuff etc.?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 01:36 AM)
Since you watched the game fathom, what was the difference b/w his outing today and his outing last time when he pitched a lot better?

Anything you can tell in terms of stuff etc.?

I didn't see his game last time. He faced a lot of major league hitters though today, and from what I can recall, he was facing more of the benchers last time. Floyd is so far away from being MLB caliber.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
Watched the replay of Floyd pitching. Everything about him looks bad. His delivery/arm slot is awful, as you can pick up the ball right away. His fastball is in the 89 range, and he can't throw his offspeed pitch over the plate. He is nowhere near having good control, and that's what his downfall is right now. I'll make the prediction that he won't have an ERA under 4.50 in AAA.

As a reference I also watched the Colorado broadcast of the game on MLB.tv and Floyd was sitting in the 92-93 MPH range with his fastball and they had Danks at 89-90.

Just saying.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)
You know what? It was you who recruited me for the Willy Taveras Bandwagon and I have bought in. I went back and watched some Astros games from last season on MLB.tv and I've gotta say I was impressed with Willy. The guy has an above average arm which is very uncommon for a speed player like him, he gets some pretty good reads on the ball off the bat and his blazing speed comes in handy for tracking balls down in the gaps. He's still only 25 and should improve upon his game this year, I could see him becoming one hell of a leadoff man, with that speed of his he's going to pick up a ton of infield and bunt base hits.

It's really a shame the Sox couldn't work anything out with the Astros this offseason that could have included Taveras.

I love Willy T, but not at the expense of my boy Garland..

Since it prolly would have been that Garland for Willy, Hirsh, Buchholtz deal and neither of those two pitchers are anything special..

but man, watching Taveras play was great.. anytime he hit a routine groundball to short and beat it out, it was awesome watching