3/23/06 Sox @ Rockies 3:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Comcast's gun doesn't seem to be working right now. The Colorado broadcast has Gavin sitting at about 93 MPH.

Farmer noted that his fastball looks good.

Also Pods had very few if any infield hits and grounded into a ton of DP's last year. He is not that fast he is/was a good base stealer. If he was that fast he could make up for being a pathetic fielder.

Ozuna with a hit.

T6 wow this game is moving right along.

The cat for Colorado is 3-0 with a 3.xx ERA in the spring.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
A Mackowiak/Ozuna platoon in LF looks sooo good right now. Aside from the obvious defensive problems that come with putting Pablo in the outfield.

i was thinking the same thing

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
I honestly believe he isn't that fast. There's no doubt that Ozuna is the fastest player on the team, and Mackowiak is just as fast as Pods is.

ozuna has always been faster than pods, but in 05' podsednik got down the line very quickly. now he seems very slow.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
Herasy!!!!!!!!!! Our manager will have none of it. Why not give Ozuna a shot against righties???? Maybe he can learn ot be something out there or play the infield a tad more often.

I'd rather not have Ozuna learning on the job in LF this year, I could probably tolerate him playing LF against lefties since that is not the majority of the time but anything more than that becomes a major defensive liability. I like the amount of ABs Pablo got last year, it seems like the perfect amount for him and in a platoon situation he would probably get a similar amount. I really don't want Ozuna taking ABs away from Iguchi.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Comcast's gun doesn't seem to be working right now. The Colorado broadcast has Gavin sitting at about 93 MPH.

I was hearing 93-96 for Gavin's FB but the comcast gun has him at 89-92 so I don't know. I'm sure the rain has something to do with it though.

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
Who hit it, and were there any walks involved?

Garret Atkins hit it over the batter's eye in center field. Floyd walked Matsui to load the bases, this followed a throwing error of his on a bunt back to the mound by Willy Tavares.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Garret Atkins hit it over the batter's eye in center field. Floyd walked Matsui to load the bases, this followed a throwing error of his on a bunt back to the mound by Willy Tavares.

Excellent.

Atkins is the man ($1 keeper in my league,) and Floyd can go to hell.

How fast until someone brings up KW's quote of "not trading a SP unless it helps the 2007 team" once Floyd gets sent down?