3/23/06 Sox @ Rockies 3:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
Excellent.

Atkins is the man ($1 keeper in my league,) and Floyd can go to hell.

How fast until someone brings up KW's quote of "not trading a SP unless it helps the 2007 team" once Floyd gets sent down?

I don't care about the quote....I'll have a lot more respect for KW if he sends Floyd down to the minors WHERE HE BELONGS instead of keeping him on the major league roster in order to try and save face. Gavin Floyd is a bad pitcher.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
Excellent.

Atkins is the man ($1 keeper in my league,) and Floyd can go to hell.

How fast until someone brings up KW's quote of "not trading a SP unless it helps the 2007 team" once Floyd gets sent down?

Pretty damn quick, I'll guarantee you that.

It's just obvious to me numerous people within our organization thought way too much of Floyd.

I must say, Brian is showing some confidence at the plate right now. He's taking some of these pitches nicely. He needs to cut down on his swing though it seems way too often that he's taking some big hack at a pitch he should just be trying to make contact with.

And Anderson walks. He's seen a lot of pitches today, he's had two 3-1 counts, a groundout, a single and a walk.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
Pretty damn quick, I'll guarantee you that.

It's just obvious to me numerous people within our organization thought way too much of Floyd.

It boggles my mind how much better the package the Rockies got for Jennings was compared to what we got for Garcia.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
What's so tremendous about that play? OMG, he moved his glove over two feet while charging in!!1!!1

Gavin not helping himself out offensively either.

Well he initially ran the wrong way then fell down and grabbed the ball. It wasn't a great play by any means and considering how badly he f***ed up the charge initially he's lucky to have made that play.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
It boggles my mind how much better the package the Rockies got for Jennings was compared to what we got for Garcia.

We did get Floyd and Gio for Garcia. i think Freddy is about done as a MLB pitcher, seems like a good trade to me.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
We did get Floyd and Gio for Garcia. i think Freddy is about done as a MLB pitcher, seems like a good trade to me.

Nah. I think fathom's right. Garcia was worth more than Floyd + Gio. Philly knows it, and we should know it, especially after watching Floyd this spring.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)

I wonder what other teams were really thinking about Garcia's loss of velocity. The market may have been cooler than we think.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)

I'm not looking at it that way. Whether or not Garcia requires surgery, at the time the trade was made, we should have received more.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Nah. I think fathom's right. Garcia was worth more than Floyd + Gio. Philly knows it, and we should know it, especially after watching Floyd this spring.

well, maybe we could have got more for Garcia... but i think Kenny was looking for young pitchers in return, thats not something many teams give up easily.

QUOTE(G&T @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
I wonder what other teams were really thinking about Garcia's loss of velocity. The market may have been cooler than we think.

They were saying on the radio this morning that maybe KW and the Sox knew something about Garcia that most didn't. This regarding his recent tricep situation and potential shoulder problem.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
well, maybe we could have got more for Garcia... but i think Kenny was looking for young pitchers in return, thats not something many teams give up easily.

It's a fact he could have received more. Rosenthal said as much and everyone (not named jphat) understood its meaning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
I'm not looking at it that way. Whether or not Garcia requires surgery, at the time the trade was made, we should have received more.

Not really, Freddy has proven he had even less value than we thought. An injured, declining pitcher in his walk year isnt worth a damn.

Its really nice to see a 21 year old in Danks go out and take the freaking roster spot. Nothing was handed to him, he decided within himself that he is going to go out and make something of himself, and he sure has. That should be encouraging to everyone on this site.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
Not really, Freddy has proven he had even less value than we thought. An injured, declining pitcher in his walk year isnt worth a damn.

The point here is you can't apply what we know now about an injured pitcher to the trade in December.

And what does it say when Philadelphia was shocked with the package we asked for -- thinking it was initially a salary dump?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
If we traded Garcia for Hirsh-Willy T-Buchholz, people would probably complain just as much.

"Willy T is just the Latin Podsednik"

"Hirsh belongs in AAA(6.17 ERA this spring,6.04 MLB ERA)

"Buchholz is trash"

"Wheres our Liriano?"

Garcia is garbage, yet we should have received a ton for him.