WIN TOTAL

Chisox_10

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
Thank goodness Spring Training isn't a good indication. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't we just as bad in ST '05 and well... we all know how that turned out. I'm going to say 91 wins by the way.

I was at the Milwaukee game at the end of Spring Training with The Critic. We both couldn't believe how bad they looked that night. We were hoping for something a little bit better than they had shown all ST that year, especially since the season was just about to kick off. They gave a little rally in the end of the game, but neither one of us left feeling all that great about the chances that year. Not at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it depends on Pods and Erstad at the top of the order. Very quietly Pods' average has dropped to a poultry .179 in ST- we're SOL if we're going to be taking the best 3-4-5 combo in the league with 2 outs and nobody on quite a bit...

I still say, however, they'll win 96 games this year, because I think most people are over rating the Tigers as well as the Twins. The Tigers are not going to play as well this year, and neither are the Twins. I think the Indians will be better but none of these teams are unbeatable. Don't forget NO Francisco Liriano for the Twinkies this year either.

There are still a couple major pieces up in the air - last bullpen spots, and starting CF. And those might make a significant difference. At least they picked the right 5h starter.

So, giving some play for those open decisions, and assuming the team stays relatively healthy...

90 to 95.

That will probably make the playoffs, but it will be hotly contested.

I honestly have no idea. There are so many variables. I think it's all going to come down to pitching. Is the rotation going to perform more like '05 or '06? I wish I felt more confident as spring training is coming to a close.

My gut tells me that we're looking at 85 wins. I hope my gut is being overly conservative.

93, Central Division Title, coming out of a tough three way race. Ozzie implodes, explodes, and serves a 10 game suspension. Crede is team MVP. Garland wins 20. New closer emerges. Two guys from AAA see major time in the starting rotation. Can I be any more definitive? :D :gosox2:

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:15 AM)
I agree it depends on Pods and Erstad at the top of the order. Very quietly Pods' average has dropped to a poultry .179 in ST- we're SOL if we're going to be taking the best 3-4-5 combo in the league with 2 outs and nobody on quite a bit...

Here's some poultry hitting.

Paltry ;)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)

I'll go along with something like that. I was high on the team earlier, but I just don't feel it anymore. I don't have much faith in anyone on that pitching staff.

Edited by BobDylan