White Sox @ Giants, 3/26/07

Balta1701

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson in LF? He was RF the other day. What happened to the "Anderson won't be a backup" thing? This is a little upsetting. Its like they are putting Anderson and Erstad in the opposite roles they should be in. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than Anderson in AAA and Terrero as the 4th OF. Maybe better because he could more easily become the starter, maybe worse because he won't be getting the playing time.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Anderson in LF? He was RF the other day. What happened to the "Anderson won't be a backup" thing? This is a little upsetting. Its like they are putting Anderson and Erstad in the opposite roles they should be in. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than Anderson in AAA and Terrero as the 4th OF. Maybe better because he could more easily become the starter, maybe worse because he won't be getting the playing time.

I'm not a fan either, but any role which places Anderson on this ballclub should be viewed as beneficial. That way, he's one step closer to replacing Erstad (inevitable injury) or Podsednik (suckiness).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)

Welcome.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
Welcome.

<_>

We all know Erstad was being put into that starting spot for ST at least, but Anderson has been pretty much doing what he needed to, to get the spot. There was always the chance BA wouldn't get the spot back. The only part I didn't expect was Anderson for a utility role.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
OK, um... unless this is a typo... Brian Anderson has caught 40 games in the minors, in 2005.

Maybe he should be the emergency catcher instead of Mack. I'm not even joking.

Nope, that's the other Brian Anderson (Bryan). If you click on the team link they have the exact same stats. :\

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
<_>

We all know Erstad was being put into that starting spot for ST at least, but Anderson has been pretty much doing what he needed to, to get the spot. There was always the chance BA wouldn't get the spot back. The only part I didn't expect was Anderson for a utility role.

You have no idea how much I'm going to enjoy your decent to my level of thinking. Of course you will probably never fall as far as I have but you're getting there and I love it.

Not really in a nasty way, more or less a misery loves company sort of situation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
You have no idea how much I'm going to enjoy your decent to my level of thinking. Of course you will probably never fall as far as I have but you're getting there and I love it.

Not really in a nasty way, more or less a misery loves company sort of situation.

I just know there is a clever retort for this situation, but I'm having trouble finding it...

Iguchi with a triple off the wall in LCF, ties the game 1-1 (scoring Erstad).

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
What are they saying?

The same bulls*** you'd hear from any announcing crew that knows absolutely nothing about the players or team they're commenting on. They talked up Molina a bit as a prospect and mentioned Wiki as a quality veteran catcher. More or less a brief overview from a guy that knows nothing of the situation.

He also said Erstad is a guy who can run and has some pop so I'm a bit confused right now.

I've suggested this elsewhere and people were unimpressed, but my solution to the backup cathcing situation is...Aaron Rowand. mlbtraderumors today posted that a trade was getting closer. You know Aaron would do anything for the team -- he'd get behind the plate and sacrifice his body to stop a Contreras forkball from becoming a wild pitch. Just imagine him running headlong into the backstop chasing a foul ball. It'd be awesome.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
I've suggested this elsewhere and people were unimpressed, but my solution to the backup cathcing situation is...Aaron Rowand. mlbtraderumors today posted that a trade was getting closer. You know Aaron would do anything for the team -- he'd get behind the plate and sacrifice his body to stop a Contreras forkball from becoming a wild pitch. Just imagine him running headlong into the backstop chasing a foul ball. It'd be awesome.

Ken Williams added "He didn't come up through our system as a catcher, but we really like how he has handled it in the majors. I think he could be a starter for us in a few years."