3/30/07 Sox @ Braves 6:05 CT

Kalapse

Mark Buehrle Vs Chuck James in Atlanta in the final locally televised Spring game.

I don't know why but I'm kind of excited to see this game, finally a prime time game being played in a real ballpark. Plus we're only 3 days away from Opening Day.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if Buehrle struggles will the excuse be: "it's only spring training; wait until the season begins" or "(he's) disinterested in this game with the beginning of the season approaching"?

Personally, I'm expecting a good performance. The time for working on mechanical issues and secondary pitches have since passed.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Is this game gonna be on 670 the score. Farmio time?

i was listening to the pre-game and he said "a first inning slam puts the sox up 4-0".

but that just left me wondering what the score would be with a bases loaded clearing double....

Edited by mr_genius

So I know we K a lot with a power lineup, but what the f*** is going on. Everyones bat is missing the ball.

Grindstad grounds out weakly to the 2nd baseman 2 out, no body on base. This will be how our first innings go most of the year.

Paulie singles back up the middle on a low and away pitch. Nice job.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I know we K a lot with a power lineup, but what the f*** is going on. Everyones bat is missing the ball.

Grindstad grounds out weakly to the 2nd baseman 2 out, no body on base. This will be how our first innings go most of the year.

Paulie singles back up the middle on a low and away pitch. Nice job.

From now on anytime Darin hits a weak chopper to the right side of the infield, it shall be known as a "Grind out."

How many pitches did Darin (keep spelling "Drain") see?

Jermaine Dye hits a high and away pitch to right center field. Going gap to gap. He left the ball get back in the zone and hit it with authority. This is how you hit this type of pitching. You hit it hard to right center, then the catcher has to come in to get you off the plate. Then you bomb him into the 5th dimension.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
Chuck James is the protypical soft tossing lefthander who gives us fits.

I suppose the difference between him and other scrubs who have shut us down in the past is Chuck has experienced minor league success.

He experienced some pretty good major league success last year too. He is going to be really good.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice job, paulie

whatever, dye. couldn't even take it out of the park. only a RBI double. i hate this team.

Didn't you hear Ozzie? Last year we hit "too many" homers. We need more grind outs and other hits that don't guarantee us a run.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
From now on anytime Darin hits a weak chopper to the right side of the infield, it shall be known as a "Grind out."

How many pitches did Darin (keep spelling "Drain") see?

Why were you banned from WSI?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
joe crede fails to get a base hit. walks. he sucks

Lets see if Mark Zito and his high socks are going to pitch better today.

booo: he left the zito high socks at home

The comcast gun perplexes me, as it has to be the most inaccurate gun out there. They must of bought it at the flea market. Its fast/its slow. You can be watching the same broadcast for the opposition and the gun ratings are different.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Suspended for a personal attack.

I believe it was because I asked if someone was that "dense." :bang

I'm called that everyday. :D

When I noticed you were banned, my first thoughts were because of the "worst offseason moves" thread or because you called Erstad "grinderstad."