3/30/07 Sox @ Braves 6:05 CT

Kalapse

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
I think the results will be a little higher than that. I think the true percentages should be a little bit lower than that. Lower in 1 and higher in 2 that is

We'll see, it seems like a very small segment of Sox fans have taken the negative approach prior to this season and anyone with the desire to text some dumbass poll during a Sox broadcast is more than likely pretty optimistic about this season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
We'll see, it seems like a very small segment of Sox fans have taken the negative approach prior to this season and anyone with the desire to text some dumbass poll during a Sox broadcast is more than likely pretty optimistic about this season.

Yah. tahts what im saying. The ones who will text message are probably pretty optimistic. So I think it will be higher than your number of 73% for 90 wins. I think the true percentage of what we will do is a litlte bit below 73% for 90 wins.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
Wow more Grindstad this inning, I cannot wait.

Is there a more boring hitter in all of baseball? At least s***ty hitters like Juan Uribe mix it up a bit or blast one every once in a while with Erstad it's either a ground out to second or a blooper in front of the LF.

Now Paulie hit that ball up the middle last time up, and now James tried to get one in and left it over the plate and he kills it.

Taking away that outer corner will allow the sox to just kill a team, because it will force them to come back in.

Nice piece of hitting.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
Hawk just got muted.

Get used to that, we're going to be seeing A LOT of solo homeruns from the 3 hole. SMALL BALL HOOOOO!!!

lol. awesome reference.

This f***ing ump sucks. Hurry this thing up ump. It's ST.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hawk just got muted.

Get used to that, we're going to be seeing A LOT of solo homeruns from the 3 hole. SMALL BALL HOOOOO!!!

.....and to think, there are sox fans out there who don't have a problem with Grinderstad's low OBP because of his "intangibles."

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
How come we cant get scouts like Atlanta? They have 3 young studs, all of whom were from Atlanta.

Francouer refused to play for any team but the Braves, he threatened not to sign with any team that drafted him because of how badly he wanted to play for his hometown team. There wasn't much scouting involved.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
How come we cant get scouts like Atlanta? They have 3 young studs, all of whom were from Atlanta.

Just one of the mysteries of life. Similar to Minnesota and their scouts. Oh sure, we're willing to emulate the Twins organization on the field; but when it comes to their ability to scout and develop, it's impossible to match.

It just seems people have concluded that's the way things are, shrug their shoulders, and move on.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
No he is a flamethrower. The radar gun is dialed down a bit, just for effect.

I know he is not a flamethrower, ha ha ha. Jamie Moyer is a junkballer. he can barely reach 88 with the fastball. Buehrle can probably hit 90 every now and then. In 2005 he threw a fastball at 94 :o

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:49 PM)
:o

I know he is not a flamethrower, ha ha ha. Jamie Moyer is a junkballer. he can barely reach 88 with the fastball. Buehrle can probably hit 90 every now and then. In 2005 he threw a fastball at 94 :o

He never threw the ball 94. If he hit 94, check the gun because its broken.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Hawk never says Buerhle reminds him of Catfish anymore.

Someone needs to kick Hawk because he is skipping. He keeps repeating the same 5 or 6 names of baseball players he compares several members of the sox too.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)
Hawk never says Buerhle reminds him of Catfish anymore.

:lolhitting

Another surprise is I don't believe I've heard either Hawk or DJ comment on the Garcia/McCArthy deals for more than a minute. They've yet to explain the moves (in their minds) or try to sell us on the potential of the players received. Very odd. You almost wonder whether they're fans of the deals.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
Good pitch. Hopefully he can take those one or two great abs, and one or two terrible abs location wise and get them down to solid location for pretty much every hitter.

His control is even more important than the velocity he lost last year. Even at 87, if he gets the ball up and too much of the plate he will get hit hard. He's been able to paint for so many years, I just hope he can get back to that. When he's on a roll, its a 2 minute inning.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
His control is even more important than the velocity he lost last year. Even at 87, if he gets the ball up and too much of the plate he will get hit hard. He's been able to paint for so many years, I just hope he can get back to that. When he's on a roll, its a 2 minute inning.

Yep. Like SSI and I were talking about above, he needs to get that consistent control back. its there one minute, gone the next.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)

When Mark is at his best, he sets up right handers with a cutter that starts in and just digs in on their hands. It has a tight rotation, and is very hard to put into play fair. It sets up everything. He can then go away with the changeup and sinker.