3/30/07 Sox @ Braves 6:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
He never threw the ball 94. If he hit 94, check the gun because its broken.

I forgot to mention that he clearly overthrew that pitch. AJ had to jump to keep it from being a wild pitch. It was a game in Seattle towards the end of the season. I think he was pitching against Moyer. The reason I remember it is because I didn't think he had that velocity in him.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
I forgot to mention that he clearly overthrew that pitch. AJ had to jump to keep it from being a wild pitch. It was a game in Seattle towards the end of the season. I think he was pitching against Moyer. The reason I remember it is because I didn't think he had that velocity in him.

Maybe just maybe that was an error with the gun. I mean I realize the other day when the gun said 111 for a ball thrown in a ST game that it was probably an error, I didnt think for a moment wow 111, if he could only harness it.

I've never heard of a manager putting his slowest hitter 3rd, especially when he has 2 other outstanding hitters with similar skill sets hitting behind him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Now that was pretty situational hitting. Hit a nice fluid line drive and get the run in.

Hence why I'd rather have Dye at the plate than any other hitter in the lineup during a clutch at bat, he's an awesome situational hitter, he's probably the best pure hitter on the team.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
I've never heard of a manager putting his slowest hitter 3rd, especially when he has 2 other outstanding hitters with similar skill sets hitting behind him.

Lets see Dye hit in the 3 hole in 05 for the championship run. Nah, lets throw Kong in the 3 hole.

That move is so awesome.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)

Hence why I'd rather have Dye at the plate than any other hitter in the lineup during a clutch at bat, he's an awesome situational hitter, he's probably the best pure hitter on the team.

You ready for some badass quality on Monday for MLB.tv? I'm real excited about them steamin at 700k.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
That move is so awesome.

He was safe. However it was a good move.

Danks should be hanging out with Buerhle, picking up the pickoff move, the sinker and maybe the cut fastball. It will help him in the long run.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
That move is so awesome.

You ready for some badass quality on Monday for MLB.tv? I'm real excited about them steamin at 700k.

I just can't wait to download Mosaic. No work, no class I'm only concerning myself with baseball on Monday. The 700k should be ridiculous.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
Okay MLB.tv question, how do they figure out the blackouts. Do they use your credit card billing address, or is it something setable.

It's supposedly random signals sent out to your IP so a proxy server should take care of any blackout problems.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
I just can't wait to download Mosaic. No work, no class I'm only concerning myself with baseball on Monday. The 700k should be ridiculous.

Yah. Took off work myself. Will be cool to see how much they changed it. And the 700k is key for me cuase I run my desktop at 1920x1200 so in 95 it was small as hell. Tough to really see much in windowed mode. 06 was a little bit better, and this year should be even better.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:19 PM)
Thats easy enough to mess with.

Yah. SHouldn't be a huge problem I would think if you know what you are doing, and I assume you do. I've never needed to mess with it though as I'm out of blackout area.

Edited by jphat007

SPeaking of MLB.tv my cable company (Cox) is paying for my subscription (the basic one, so I'm only paying like 20 bucks extra to get mlb.tv premium). What a sweet deal.

Got the letter in the mail from them yesterday. They also said they are still in negotiations and that as a past subscriber they don't want me to miss any action so they are providing me with mlb.tv for free (WHOOO).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
SPeaking of MLB.tv my cable company (Cox) is paying for my subscription (the basic one, so I'm only paying like 20 bucks extra to get mlb.tv premium). What a sweet deal.

Got the letter in the mail from them yesterday. They also said they are still in negotiations and that as a past subscriber they don't want me to miss any action so they are providing me with mlb.tv for free (WHOOO).

I got the same thing. That is pretty sweet, although id much rather watch the games on TV....I do think Direct TV will have exclusive rights to the MLB package though, which sucks.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 11:45 PM)
Francouer refused to play for any team but the Braves, he threatened not to sign with any team that drafted him because of how badly he wanted to play for his hometown team. There wasn't much scouting involved.

I could see Jordan Danks talking up how he'd like to play with his brother on the sox. The Danks family has already mentioned how they'd love the sox to sign Jordan when he's ready in two yrs.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
I got the same thing. That is pretty sweet, although id much rather watch the games on TV....I do think Direct TV will have exclusive rights to the MLB package though, which sucks.

I was actually optimistic about the cable company (at least Cox) coming through after getting that letter. A, I think it was wise because they probably have people pissed at MLB and not Cox and B, it showed they are negotiating and I think MLB should be happy that Cox is going to be paying them an assload in mlb.tv fees for all these customers (showing they really want to continue to carry the package).

I'm real hopeful we'll get extra innings on tv and the best part is when that happens I'll have mlb.tv as well (for free).

And I will be so freaking excited if I find out I get to just watch the games on tv (way better than streaming stuff).

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:27 PM)
I can't take off work on Monday. Too much vacation time having to be used for the wedding/honeymoon.

If all goes well I'll only have to work half of the day on Monday to make up for all the extra time I've been putting in as of late. God I can't wait till some baseball happens.