3/30/07 Sox @ Braves 6:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
he left the zito high socks at home

Ozzie told him to stop being such a poser

what he should have told him is to stop sucking so bad

Edited by mr_genius

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
Ugh, I forgot just how bad Pablo is in LF. Another season of s*** outfield defense should be fun.

but on the bright side, it shouldnt be any different than having Prancer play on the track and kick the ball.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm called that everyday. :D

When I noticed you were banned, my first thoughts were because of the "worst offseason moves" thread or because you called Erstad "grinderstad."

I'm guessing if I was defending Mr. 4-3 and asked if someone was "dense," it'd be a different story.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
I'm guessing if I was defending Mr. 4-3 and asked if someone was "dense," it'd be a different story.

:huh

why would you even bother posting over there. that board blows. just a bunch of nerds ass kissing the mods.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
My only hope for Buerhle is that he doesnt stink so bad that people dont want to trade for him.

That would be the worst case scenario.

Not only that, but if his season is terrible -- in comparison to other FA pitchers -- we may receive no compensation for him.

A good season from Buehrle helps everyone.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:22 PM)
Good news is his stuff appears decent. Unfortunately, his location just isn't there yet

His velocity is better than this time last year. But when you throw less than 90 your location is the difference between the majors and the minors. Ask Mr. Prior how his sub 90s velocity and crappy control is helping him out in Des Moines.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:22 PM)
My only hope for Buerhle is that he doesnt stink so bad that people dont want to trade for him.

That would be the worst case scenario.

if he keeps this up even his precious cards won't want him

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
His velocity is better than this time last year. But when you throw less than 90 your location is the difference between the majors and the minors. Ask Mr. Prior how his sub 90s velocity and crappy control is helping him out in Des Moines.

I agree. Needs to get his location honed in quickly. But last year in the second half he didn't have either, so at least one is back. But definitely needs to get that location straight. It's terrific in a couple ABs, but leaves an AB later.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 06:26 PM)
Wow, I'm not sure what the hell Tadahito was trying to do right there. He's in for a huge let down this season if he wants to be a power hitter.

Having him bat 2nd, allows him to keep closed more and wait on the pitch for contact. Walker has been working on getting around on the ball with Gooch more this spring, so that translates to looking like donkey balls when someone goes low and away to you. He will hit some monster shots, but at some point everyone will go low and away just like the rest of the right handed power hitters on our team.

Uribe swinging at a ball over his melon for strike three. He is ready for the regular season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
1.) 73%

2.) 27%

3.) 0%

I think the results will be a little higher than that. I think the true percentages should be a little bit lower than that. Lower in 1 and higher in 2 that is

Edited by jphat007