Another MLB.tv question

WhiteSoxfan1986

I go to NIU and I don't get comcast, and the games are blacked out on MLB.tv.

What if I used the address of a relative who lived in Arizona? I have heard that the games won't be blacked out, and have also heard the opposite. Just trying to get answers from people here.

The game would still be blacked out no matter what billing address you use, MLB.tv checks the location of your IP address when blacking games out.

The last few seasons you could use a proxy to get around it, but I don't if you can still do that this year.

Edited by IdaSox

They should be blacked out, but right now I'm getting blacked out in Albany because my credit cards are linked to Chicago. Which is why I'm on hold with these people...and have been for a while. So it's possible that it might work.

On another note...

I was psyched about having the local commercials on mlb.tv, but the Pads-Giants game has this pong-like thing going over the commercials.

It's a big improvement over hearing that same Tom Petty clip 25 times per game, but I really wish they could just leave the commercials in.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
On another note...

I was psyched about having the local commercials on mlb.tv, but the Pads-Giants game has this pong-like thing going over the commercials.

Yeah, it is pretty annoying. MLB could make money buy getting sponsors of their own and playing them during the mlbtv commercials.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Yeah, it is pretty annoying. MLB could make money buy getting sponsors of their own and playing them during the mlbtv commercials.

As long as they get enough to provide a little variety, that'd be okay. I'd prefer the local commercials, but it'd do.

I take back what I said. The pong thing was better for the first 3 games or so, but now that sound is driving me f'n nuts.

It works for a couple of days, but then it figures it out after a while. But you can repeat the process. But I don't know if it is gonna be like this next year.

Oh yeah, change your profile information, not your billing address... at least that is how I did it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Mosaic is actually working today and is simply amazing. The player tracker is fantastic it's just too bad you can only input 30 players.

Do you have the premium package? Does the 700k really make a huge difference in quality?

I can't wait until I re-work my subscription with mlb.tv to get the premium package...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Mosaic is actually working today and is simply amazing. The player tracker is fantastic it's just too bad you can only input 30 players.

Mosaic is Awesome! I called my wife in to see it, she watched for little while said she'd see me in the fall.

For the second day in, what with all the pirates and hackers trying to steal it or screw it up, it worked pretty good, IMHO. I think as time goes by, and the novelty wears off a little (and I can keep my hands off the damn buttons!) it will only improve and be a great passtime when the Sox are not playing.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
Do you have the premium package? Does the 700k really make a huge difference in quality?

I can't wait until I re-work my subscription with mlb.tv to get the premium package...

Yes I have Premium and yes it makes a difference especially the Cardinals game. They streamed the HD broadcast so it was a widescreen display with the 700K stream. Unbelievable.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
Mosaic is Awesome! I called my wife in to see it, she watched for little while said she'd see me in the fall.

For the second day in, what with all the pirates and hackers trying to steal it or screw it up, it worked pretty good, IMHO. I think as time goes by, and the novelty wears off a little (and I can keep my hands off the damn buttons!) it will only improve and be a great passtime when the Sox are not playing.

I don't think it will ever get old, it's a great program.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
In the other thread I said the 700K was nothing special, but today I think it looks much better. Also saw how the Cardinals game was widescreen.

I actually uninstalled Mosaic yesterday out of frustration. Even at highest quality, the games looked like crap in the little squares, so has this improved?

They look pretty damn good to me. I can make out the action just fine.