Ozzies Critics

jaliciense1

QUOTE(whitesox07champs @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
I have heard a lot of people say on this site that Ozzie preferes Latin players than his other players. Can I please get some examples from you guys because I am completely baffled by this.

Deteriorating Damaso Marte on the ALDS, ALCS and WS roster over Brandon McCarthy.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
Deteriorating Damaso Marte on the ALDS, ALCS and WS roster over Brandon McCarthy.

I can make a case that Damaso's experience beat out Brandon's better statistics. And Damaso did pitch good in Game 3 of the WS.

I am looking for you guys to back this up with better reasons than that!

QUOTE(whitesox07champs @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
I can make a case that Damaso's experience beat out Brandon's better statistics. And Damaso did pitch good in Game 3 of the WS.

Can you make an excuse for having Timo DH, play 1st base and just being on the team in general while Ross gload was in AAA hitting 350. Oh thats right, he couldnt play right field, well Timo couldnt play 1st or DH, but at least Ross could hit.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
Can you make an excuse for having Timo DH, play 1st base and just being on the team in general while Ross gload was in AAA hitting 350. Oh thats right, he couldnt play right field, well Timo couldnt play 1st or DH, but at least Ross could hit.

I'm not defending anyone but since was DH hard to play? I do like Timo though, I was at the game when Big Frank made his return in '05 and after injuring himself a little Timo came in with runners on base in the bottom of the 9th. Line drive down the left field side, tieing run and winning run cross homeplate. :gosox1:

thats a good one! :ph34r:

I was actually looking for stats to make a case for Ozzie on that one but I couldnt!

Thats only one good reason. When you are playing the race card you need to have a couple more!

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
I'm not defending anyone but since was DH hard to play? I do like Timo though, I was at the game when Big Frank made his return in '05 and after injuring himself a little Timo came in with runners on base in the bottom of the 9th. Line drive down the left field side, tieing run and winning run cross homeplate. :gosox1:

DH is not a difficult position to play, but he was hitting at around a 200 clip at that time. So in retrospect, would you have DH'd Brian Anderson circa May of last year. That would be a no.

Orlando Hernandez getting the roster spot in the 05 playoffs over BMac. Granted it turned out to be the right choice...but it sure didn't look like it coming in.

The Chris Young/Javier Vazquez trade fits well with that even if it was KW pulling the trigger. Blocked McCarthy & picked up one of Ozzie's golfing buddies.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
DH is not a difficult position to play, but he was hitting at around a 200 clip at that time. So in retrospect, would you have DH'd Brian Anderson circa May of last year. That would be a no.

If Brian's last name was Alvarez maybe... :P

whoa whoa whoa.... leave Timo out of this!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Orlando Hernandez getting the roster spot in the 05 playoffs over BMac. Granted it turned out to be the right choice...but it sure didn't look like it coming in.

The Chris Young/Javier Vazquez trade fits well with that even if it was KW pulling the trigger. Blocked McCarthy & picked up one of Ozzie's golfing buddies.

That one was a no-brainer to me... El Duque has the experience in the playoffs and had been a beast in the playoffs for his whole career.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
whoa whoa whoa.... leave Timo out of this!

That one was a no-brainer to me... El Duque has the experience in the playoffs and had been a beast in the playoffs for his whole career.

Sure you were the one dude who wanted that. If I remember correctly, we had El duque getting decked start after start, and then Bmac mopping up looking like Cy Young. Everyone was wanting Bmac on the team in the playoffs.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Sure you were the one dude who wanted that. If I remember correctly, we had El duque getting decked start after start, and then Bmac mopping up looking like Cy Young. Everyone was wanting Bmac on the team in the playoffs.

Well, I wasn't here during 05, but I was on a different board back then. If you don't believe, fine. But experience and prior domination in playoffs > "young stud" with no playoff experience.

QUOTE(whitesox07champs @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)

You forget the fact that Damaso was a lefty. I still wanted brandon and Duque on the roster, and Marte off.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)

No...I was the one guy who wanted that. You can look it up if you want. I called the whole el duque coming through in the bullpen in a big playoff game thing.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think his biggest preference is old/experienced players over young/inexperienced players no matter what their talent levels, much like Dusty Baker but that's just my opinion.

Umm, that would go for most, if not all, major league baseball managers, not just Baker, Pinella, Ozzie... Every manager prefers the experienced player that won't make the bone-headed mistakes of a rookie no matter what the talent level is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Ozzie and Freddy had a falling out.

Yeah the falling out was he went from throwing 92-94 to 87-89.

:huh he could pinch run

I think its hilarious that most of you are still crying that BMac didnt make the playoff roster. U got to be kidding me.

One outstanding start for the kid against Boston on Labor Day and he's the best White Sox starting pitcher in history. I cant wait until he get absolutely shelled against the Halos today so at least some of you will go away. One would have to be a complete moron to put a rookie on a playoff roster over Duque.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
It seems Ozzie and Freddy had a falling out.

Or maybe the fact that we had no chance to re-sign him, nor did we want to?? Is anything not Ozzie's fault with you?

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
I think its hilarious that most of you are still crying that BMac didnt make the playoff roster. U got to be kidding me.

One outstanding start for the kid against Boston on Labor Day and he's the best White Sox starting pitcher in history. I cant wait until he get absolutely shelled against the Halos today so at least some of you will go away. One would have to be a complete moron to put a rookie on a playoff roster over Duque.

Hey, I said that in hindsight I was wrong and Ozzie was right, what more do you want?

And it was quite a bit more than 1 great start on labor day. He had a great start against Texas a week before that (15 scoreless innings against those 2 offenses, both on the road), and when he took El Duque's spot in the rotation 2 days after the Rally Crede game, he went toe to to with Johan for 8 innings in Minnesota (the Sox lost in Extras that day, BMac left the game when it was 1-1). He also did quite well in his last start or two after that game. He was on fire at the time. But hey, it all worked out in the end, Ozzie was right and I was wrong, and I'll live with that.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
Or maybe the fact that we had no chance to re-sign him, nor did we want to?? Is anything not Ozzie's fault with you?

You should probably refrain from calling me out if you don't read all my posts. I guess that won't stop people from making gross assumptions about myself.

What did that have to do with blaming Ozzie? I'm glad Garcia is gone and if Ozzie had a hand in pushing him out the door like I suspect he did then kudos to Ozzie on a job well done. The whole "I wish I could say what I have to say." comment has been talked about by every news outlet and the consensus is that he grew tired of Garcia and the 2 had a falling out.

What's more annoying? People supposedly complaining about every thing Ozzie does or the people who b**** about the people who are b****ing about Ozzie? How does b****ing at the b****ers make you any more righteous?