White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

Glad I went to Opening day instead of toda.... Wait a minute, Monday sucked. Hopefully Sox have a better showing today. Should be a low-scoring grinder type game in those conditions. Luckily we have Erstad, King of all Grinders on our side.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this off ABC News Chicago

"The strong wind apparently caused part of a sound barrier wall at U.S. Cellular Field to come loose. Police closed down some streets around the ball park as a precaution. A repair crew is at the ballpark fixing the damaged wall. The city has also sent building inspectors to the park. A Sox's spokesperson says it will not affect the game this afternoon against the Cleveland Indians."

This game would just suck to play in, I wish we played the first 6 on the road.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
opening my first beer.......................................now

If this is true, you are on my temporary hate list. I'm at work...and there is no beer here. :|

Go Sox.

It sucks out today but I enjoy going to game like these because the people there are obviously die-hard fans or else they wouldn't be there.

Although this is pretty cold, though... brrr. Man 40 degrees in 24 hours. Brutal.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
It sucks out today but I enjoy going to game like these because the people there are obviously die-hard fans or else they wouldn't be there.

Although this is pretty cold, though... brrr. Man 40 degrees in 24 hours. Brutal.

I'm as die hard as they come -- I simply dislike cold weather baseball. As a matter of fact, I hate cold weather everything except snowboarding, for obvious reasons of necessity. I like to enjoy my ice cold beer at the ballpark when I can sit there in shorts/t-shirt and watch the game...without having to hold said ice cold beer with my jacket over my hand. :D

People ask me why I think global warming is more hype than end of the world cometh...go outside right now, and you'll see why. :D

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
Just got this off ABC News Chicago

"The strong wind apparently caused part of a sound barrier wall at U.S. Cellular Field to come loose. Police closed down some streets around the ball park as a precaution. A repair crew is at the ballpark fixing the damaged wall. The city has also sent building inspectors to the park. A Sox's spokesperson says it will not affect the game this afternoon against the Cleveland Indians."

This game would just suck to play in, I wish we played the first 6 on the road.

you mean in Cleveland and Minny where its JUST as cold... yeah... no i'm good with playing at home.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)
I'm as die hard as they come -- I simply dislike cold weather baseball. As a matter of fact, I hate cold weather everything except snowboarding, for obvious reasons of necessity. I like to enjoy my ice cold beer at the ballpark when I can sit there in shorts/t-shirt and watch the game...without having to hold said ice cold beer with my jacket over my hand. :D

People ask me why I think global warming is more hype than end of the world cometh...go outside right now, and you'll see why. :D

Wimp.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:59 AM)
you mean in Cleveland and Minny where its JUST as cold... yeah... no i'm good with playing at home.

You do realize that Minnesota currently plays in a stadium with something resembling a roof correct?

Come on Jonny boy...show us something positive. That Contreras game might be the kind that starts off a real bad skid if someone doesn't step up.

Pitching in the cold is great, the only thing you have to worry about is getting loose. Jon needs to throw sinkers and pound them in on the hands. This is all about jamming and breaking bats today, giving the hitters sore hands. This is about the best weather in the world for a contact pitcher.

Pods, LF

Erstad, CF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Dye, RF

Crede, 3B

AJ, C

Iguchi 2B

Uribe, SS

Sizemore, CF

Nixon, RF

Hafner, DH

Martinez, C

Blake, RF

Dellucci, LF

Peralta, SS

Barfield, 2B

Marte, 3B

Garland Vs Westbrook

A LOOGY's wet dream. So it's probably a good thing the Indians don't have one.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
opening my first beer.......................................now

opening my first beer.......................................now. I know, I'm a little behind you, but i've already put in 8 hours at work and I'm home in time for a 1 pm game. :cheers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 10:19 AM)
A LOOGY's wet dream. So it's probably a good thing the Indians don't have one.

This could be me not detecting sarcasm, but Aaron Fultz sure looks like a ltogy to me. (Lefty three out guy). Veteran lefty in teh bullpen, last year righties put up an .887 OPS against him and lefties put up a .662.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:18 AM)
If today's game is played, this would be about as bad a conditions for a Sox game as I've ever seen. And I went to that game several years ago in April against Detroit where like 2,000 people were there and it was 28 degrees out (great game too, we won and Kenny Lofton robbed some guy of a homer, lol).

No reason to not play... it's just cold with very light snow... it looks like game on.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
This could be me not detecting sarcasm, but Aaron Fultz sure looks like a ltogy to me. (Lefty three out guy). Veteran lefty in teh bullpen, last year righties put up an .887 OPS against him and lefties put up a .662.

It was sarcastic. I'm a fan of Fultz', the 7th inning is going to be a b**** today.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)

I'm picking up what you're throwing down; I hate cold baseball too. I'd rather save the cash for a warmer day I can enjoy outdoors.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)

Anywhere warm, or inside, so we use our home games when its nice out. To me, there is no such thing as home field advantage with weather like today.