White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Erstad broke straight back on the Sizemore fly out then regrouped quickly and made the play. He also just broke in on the last fly out then regrouped with a few steps backwards.

I don't know if I should be encouraged that he's breaking the wrong way initially but is still regrouping in time to make the play or if I should be worried since he's getting poor initial reads.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
Erstad broke straight back on the Sizemore fly out then regrouped quickly and made the play. He also just broke in on the last fly out then regrouped with a few steps backwards.

I don't know if I should be encouraged that he's breaking the wrong way initially but is still regrouping in time to make the play or if I should be worried since he's getting poor initial reads.

It's the weather...or something. Erstad usually makes good reads.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)

Its cold out. Maybe he was dancing

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 06:16 PM)

It can't be easy reading a flyball on a day like today

AJ Burnett's line vs the Tigers today: 2 IP, 5 H, 6 ER, 4 BB, 2 K

His relief Marcum: 2/3 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K and a grandslam allowed to Granderson.

8-0 Tigers in the 3rd.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
So, will it be a CS or a SB? Taking votes...

He'll take it. SB

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
not sure if gameday is wrong or what....but strikes on gamecenter are called balls and balls are called strikes??

I think that the guy running Gameday is making some sort of commentary on the pitch calling. I've never actually seen Gameday do this either.