2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Royals destroy "Dice" That guy is the most over-hyped thing since, well I dont know, but he is over-hyped like no other. I hope he gets rocked. I hate the Red Sox more then any team, except for the other teams in the AL Central. They are the cubs of the AL. I really hope JD Drew gets injured within a month and Dice sucks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:43 PM)
We could draft Jordan Danks first, and then KW's horrific offseason will make sense.

How can we consider this a horrific off-season. So far Danks won the fifth starters spot and Brandon McCarthy and Garcia had terrible springs and Garcia is now battling a bit of the injury bug while McCarthy had a very mediocre first start.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:58 AM)
How can we consider this a horrific off-season. So far Danks won the fifth starters spot and Brandon McCarthy and Garcia had terrible springs and Garcia is now battling a bit of the injury bug while McCarthy had a very mediocre first start.

The only move I really had a 'huge' problem with was not ridding the team of Podsednik. I'm very glad Kenny didn't delve into this market where average players were getting upwards of $50 million.

Also -- people have given Kenny's revamped bullpen a lot of crap so far, but I think it'll be the strength of the team when this year ends. Our top two righties are about as good as there is, Thorton should be fine (looks like the velocity is still there, and he's got that nice slider now), and Masset + Aardsma showed quite a bit this series -- not that a series means a lot, but they look like they're capable of being decent in middle relief. I'm still shaky on Sisco, but if he struggles enough, Logan will be up here. Overall I'd say our bullpen is pretty deep.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
It's snowing in Cleveland, like real f***ing snow. It's 18 degrees with windchill and they're still playing the game.

Damn. They're going to call us a bunch of pussies.

It was off Riske. I'm watching the game. The Royals have looked a lot better this year, I've actually seen more of their games than Sox games it seems. We'll see what they do versus Jones.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
Pudge hits a 3 run bomb in the 9th after the Royals led 2-0 virtually all game. How do the Tigers do it? I know the Royals blow, but god damnit just come back in the 6th or something.

They're better than you think IMHO. They have gotten solid starting pitching so far. Just no bullpen, and a few other pieces. I have seen four games I htink now. I'm falling in love with DeJesus (who just got his third hit today). Duckworth had a very solid game today. Riske just isn't a closer.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
They're better than you think IMHO. They have gotten solid starting pitching so far. Just no bullpen, and a few other pieces. I have seen four games I htink now. I'm falling in love with DeJesus (who just got his third hit today). Duckworth had a very solid game today. Riske just isn't a closer.

Yeah, their bullpen is a joke. I keep saying they will be decent next year. Alex Gordon is showing that he was rushed so far though.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Yeah, their bullpen is a joke. I keep saying they will be decent next year. Alex Gordon is showing that he was rushed so far though.

And with the lackluster play they got at 3B last year, it made perfect sense to rush up Gordon *rolls eyes*. HA, that's why they are the Royals though.

I'm sure they went with the 'let him play and see what happens' attitude. Pena has impressed me a bunch, he has looked fine at the plate, not amazing, but much better than Gordon. I was hoping to get to see Ross have a break out year, and I still am, hopefully he finds his spot. Shealy isn't exactly tearing it up.

Who the heck is this Durbin kid with Detroit? Breezing through the Orioles lineup so far.

Millar comes through with a solo shot. Hopefully the senior Senator from Illinois gets rattled.

Wow. I spoke too soon. This kid is getting schooled.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 12:50 PM)
Who the heck is this Durbin kid with Detroit? Breezing through the Orioles lineup so far.

Millar comes through with a solo shot. Hopefully the senior Senator from Illinois gets rattled.

Wow. I spoke too soon. This kid is getting schooled.

I have no idea how in the world they thought that starting that Durbin guy was a good idea. Pitched in 3 big league games in the last 2 seasons. 29 years old. Career WHIP 1.62, 6.14 ERA, 17-30 career record, started 29 games for the Royals in 01 but since then has floated around between the minor leagues, the Indians, the D-Backs, and now Detroit. Seriously, I have no freaking clue how you start him instead of Miner.