Gosh darn you Ryan Garko thread

Balta1701

So, at about 1:25 p.m. CST on 4/05/07, Mark Buehrle was nailed in the pitching hand by a line drive off the bat of Ryan Garko. Buehrle left the game immedaitely, bringing in Nick Masset.

Please use this thread for updates on Buehrle's injury, panicking, swearing, and so forth.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
Gotta stay positive, as Buehrle is the one person who seems like he could handle an injury like this and recover the fastest.

It's happened before.

(Predicting the future)

2 hours from now: Mr. Buehrle has been diagnosed with a fracture in his pitching hand.

Tomorrow: Mr. Buehrle's fractured pitching hand has healed, and he is expected to make his next start.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
he can miss a start in april w/o it f***ing the rotation so much right?

Our next offday is on the 12th, followed by another one on the 16th. We have 6 games, after today, between now and the next offday - 3 games with Minny, 3 games in Oakland. The rotation would have to turn over 1 time before the next offday is hit, so if no one is called up and Buehrle can't go, someone would have to work on short rest.

Edited by Balta1701

Holy crap... I missed the game today and just saw the final score... my first reaction was, "YES, Buehrle had a good game and stabilized the staff..." then I looked at the box and almost crapped in my pants. Thank goodness it's only a bruise.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)
I don't know -- I understand everything Ozzie says.

Glad he's good.

Thank god he's okay. I had visions of a season filled with eight walk, six passed ball outings from Charlie. Of course with what Burls did last year, that might not mean much of a difference. Anyhow, here's hoping the portsider is back on beam within a few days.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Just have Coop rub some Robitussen on his forearm and hell be good to go.

the tussin, the tussin

put it down like it was nothing

robocop couldn't stop me puking and flushin

no balls to be bustin, no fightin, no cussin

just love for a drug called robotussin