AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the fact that this team made a very unimpressive pitcher look like cy young, it was an overall good game. The big 3 have to pull their heads out of their you know whats though. If this is gonna be a productive offense, they need to come through and not be a collective 5-20, or what-ever it was this series.

Having someone like Masset in the pen is also huge. Mac looked very good again. Bobby looked good as well, but I hope the radar gun is wrong, nd he throwing faster then 93-94 mph. Thornton needs to stop thinking so much though. He gets ahead 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, but then he nibbles around the plate, thinking about making the perfect pitch. But, instead of thinking, he needs to just rear back, and pitch. See the glove, throw it to the glove.

Lets hope Vazquez becomes a stud this season... I really want to call him Cy Vazquez.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Great game by Masset.

Is there any chance he could eventually be a starter or is he only projected to be a bullpen arm? That was impressive today.

There's a reasonable chance he could start at some point, in fact he's talking about it on the postgame show. Right now the line for the rotation seems pretty full...but you never really know. He may well have the stuff to do it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
There's a reasonable chance he could start at some point, in fact he's talking about it on the postgame show. Right now the line for the rotation seems pretty full...but you never really know. He may well have the stuff to do it.

I didn't mean for this year, as I agree our rotation would have to completely fall apart for him to make it. But in the future, he looked the part of a good starting pitcher today. So was just wondering if that's something he can build on, or whether that was just kind of a flukey thing? It'd be nice to have some nice starting options for 2008 and beyond with Contreras' age and Buehrle's contract uncertainty.

Masset manned up up. After throwing a few innings the other day, he manned up and tossed a gem. Nice pick me up after disaster with Buerhle going down. Massett turned some heads today, hopefully he can build some confidence off of that for the future.

I cant wait to see Danks on Saturday in person.