Brad Lidge

GoSox05

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
Lidge lost his role as closer. Phil Garner wants to mix things up. I think that Scott Pods hitting a home run off him had messed him up forever. He may one day go into a mental home.

who is the new closer??....um try pujols's shot ruined him.

"If you'll look to the right, you'll see the ball that Albert Pujols hit off of Brad Lidge last night"

- The pilot of the plane taking the Astros back to St. Louis after that game.

Anyway...about 1/2 way through the season last year I was thinking the best thing for both the 'Stros and Lidge would have been for the Stros to deal him while they could still demand a king's ransom because the guy was still a "closer". His value has just kept dropping the more he's been battered though. I think that the only thing that might fix him might be a switch to a new team/pitching coach, but Houston isn't just going to want to dump him for nothing.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
"If you'll look to the right, you'll see the ball that Albert Pujols hit off of Brad Lidge last night"

- The pilot of the plane taking the Astros back to St. Louis after that game.

Anyway...about 1/2 way through the season last year I was thinking the best thing for both the 'Stros and Lidge would have been for the Stros to deal him while they could still demand a king's ransom because the guy was still a "closer". His value has just kept dropping the more he's been battered though. I think that the only thing that might fix him might be a switch to a new team/pitching coach, but Houston isn't just going to want to dump him for nothing.

I can see Lidge completely fizzling out of baseball over the next season or two.

Their bullpen blew another lead. Cubs scored a run without a hit as a SB and error by Biggio. Carlos Lee grounded out with the bases loaded. I gotta tell you. With a $100M payroll it is not hard to field a World series contendor in the NL.

Then Howry, (the 2007 version of Gas Can Cliff) gives up a double to Ensberg, Wild Pitch and homer to Adam Everett, yes Adam Everett.

Both of these teams ought to leave the starters in to go all 9.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
I think that the only thing that might fix him might be a switch to a new team/pitching coach, but Houston isn't just going to want to dump him for nothing.

The Marlins & Tribe should look into this, obviously the astros can't affod to put him to save situations to increase his value with out putting the team in jeopardy, both teams have a very good farm system and are in need of a more BP help.

Lidge took a blow to his confidence in the ALCS versus Poo-holes.

Lidge then took an earth shattering death blow to his confidence in the World Series...and he hasn't recovered from it. All he keeps thinking is, man...if Pods can homer off of me in the biggest game of my career, ANYONE can.

He's done in Houston, at this point the only thing that can resurrect him is another team/change of scenery/pitching coach.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 07:41 AM)
Lidge took a blow to his confidence in the NLCS versus Poo-holes.

Lidge then took an earth shattering death blow to his confidence in the World Series...and he hasn't recovered from it. All he keeps thinking is, man...if Pods can homer off of me in the biggest game of my career, ANYONE can.

He's done in Houston, at this point the only thing that can resurrect him is another team/change of scenery/pitching coach.

Fixed it for you.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Lidge if he won't cost too much. He still has the stuff, I think... He does still throw 97-100, right? and does he still have the good curve? I haven't seen him pitch in a while... To me, it sounds like his problems right now are mental, and that maybe a change of scenery would help him out.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Lidge if he won't cost too much. He still has the stuff, I think... He does still throw 97-100, right? and does he still have the good curve? I haven't seen him pitch in a while... To me, it sounds like his problems right now are mental, and that maybe a change of scenery would help him out.

I think he is mostly fastball and slider. Not sure about the curve.