Contreras Rumor

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:24 AM)
no one is questioning why, just merely the timing. If you had a speech to give in front of 1,500 people within your company, and your wife came up to you 15 minutes before hand and handed you divorce papers, I think you'd be a bit shaken up. Hence, why she could have atleast held off for like a day.

He would deserve the timing if he did something really crappy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
He would deserve the timing if he did something really crappy.

Really?

I don't feel anybody ever "deserves" that type of emotional pain at any time; rather, it happens out of necessity. I doubt she was happy to be file the divorce papers, and whether she put it on him when she did doesn't change the fact that the timing is horrible for him.

What you are doing is speculating about something you have no details about. That is wrong. It could be mutual, it could be on her, and it could be on him but something he has no power over (such as being on the road 4-6 months out of the year). Speculating, on this subject, is wrong, period.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 02:21 AM)
Really?

I don't feel anybody ever "deserves" that type of emotional pain at any time; rather, it happens out of necessity. I doubt she was happy to be file the divorce papers, and whether she put it on him when she did doesn't change the fact that the timing is horrible for him.

What you are doing is speculating about something you have no details about. That is wrong. It could be mutual, it could be on her, and it could be on him but something he has no power over (such as being on the road 4-6 months out of the year). Speculating, on this subject, is wrong, period.

Yes, really. I guess you live in a world without revenge. People who at one time were married don't do things with their brains, they do them at least partly with their hearts. If he wronged her, he deserved to be wronged as well.

No, what everyone is doing is speculating that its all her fault. Almost everyone is getting on his wifes case with no information. I proposed both options in my post by also saying, "Maybe its all her fault." Get off your high horse. Hell, we don't even know for sure that this happened at all.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:18 AM)
Yes, really. I guess you live in a world without revenge. People who at one time were married don't do things with their brains, they do them at least partly with their hearts. If he wronged her, he deserved to be wronged as well.

No, what everyone is doing is speculating that its all her fault. Almost everyone is getting on his wifes case with no information. I proposed both options in my post by also saying, "Maybe its all her fault." Get off your high horse. Hell, we don't even know for sure that this happened at all.

nobody is putting it on her, they are just saying could have been a better time to do it, almost cowardly to do it at a time he couldnt talk to her about it. and regardless of whose in fault, we are all sox fans and we got our ass whooped that game. Sooo, in the end, we all blame her.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Process servers are legal like supeonas and most likely would be allowed to enter the clubhouse.

Fisk was released in the summer of 93 and showed up to the playoffs and they wouldn't let him in the clubhouse.

One of my best friends used to serve people as a summer job in college. Unless things have really changed the last few years, there isn't a chance in hell of someone serving divorce papers getting into a major league clubhouse 15 minutes before a game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 07:06 AM)
One of my best friends used to serve people as a summer job in college. Unless things have really changed the last few years, there isn't a chance in hell of someone serving divorce papers getting into a major league clubhouse 15 minutes before a game.

I'd have to concur. Heck, even a cop can't just wander in there, unless they are invited or have a warrant. And those servers are, in my experience, not given any authority for entry or trespass that is anything beyond what any other citizen has. I've seen them work before, they do things like wait for people to come out of work and catch them on the way to their cars for just that reason.

I will say though, if he did just get divorced that day, it would explain a lot about his behavior out there. Not just his pitching, but his puzzled wandering around the mound, hesitation, etc. No one is a robot, and everyone who isn't a sociopath would be effected to at least a certain degree by that sort of thing.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 07:44 AM)
I'd have to concur. Heck, even a cop can't just wander in there, unless they are invited or have a warrant. And those servers are, in my experience, not given any authority for entry or trespass that is anything beyond what any other citizen has. I've seen them work before, they do things like wait for people to come out of work and catch them on the way to their cars for just that reason.

I will say though, if he did just get divorced that day, it would explain a lot about his behavior out there. Not just his pitching, but his puzzled wandering around the mound, hesitation, etc. No one is a robot, and everyone who isn't a sociopath would be effected to at least a certain degree by that sort of thing.

Is there one concrete link here?

Wouldn't the information be out by now? I saw Ozzie talked to him after the game to see what was going on, what's the problem?, but I don't remember anything specifically about his wife. There were hints and intimations, but Ozzie didn't "out" his divorce that I saw. Usually, the beat reporters are pretty protective of players' privacy, unless it is someone like Thomas or Sosa.

McDowell and DJ were right, last night he started off very tentatively, was getting behind, throwing forkballs when he should have trusted his fastball (which we'd all like to see at 95-97 instead of 91-92, but I think the gun was a little slow, although Harden's flat fastball was 97, he was normally 92-93 as well).

I think Jose has decided that he's better off with a low 90's moving fastball than overthrowing a 95-97 fastball...although I do remember him getting a ton of movement from overhand and 3/4ers and still maintaining control. At any rate, that was a huge breakthrough (I hope) for Jose psychologically, and should help to erase the Indians OD massacre.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Why not?

No wonder he hated the Sox after leaving.

The story that went out at the time was that because it was the playoffs, the league controlled access, and Fisk didn't have an all-access pass, and so wasn't allowed in the clubhouse. Now, that may be pure BS, I have no idea, but that's the response the Sox gave at the time.

The snap judgements, speculation and assumptions of what happened, and what may happen in the future is really sad. You people have no friggin clue what happened or what the situation is, and to sit here and say "oh Mrs. Count is a *****" or "Jose may have done this..." just stop. You dont know what is going on. None of us do. This whole thread is rather ridiculous.

QUOTE(U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 10:00 AM)
The snap judgements, speculation and assumptions of what happened, and what may happen in the future is really sad. You people have no friggin clue what happened or what the situation is, and to sit here and say "oh Mrs. Count is a *****" or "Jose may have done this..." just stop. You dont know what is going on. None of us do. This whole thread is rather ridiculous.

If there was no physical harm this seems crappy. I know this will sound like a male chauvanist pig statement but he is provided for a her a life that she could only dream of. The story that I understood was that he pitched poorly when he arrived because he missed his family. Then his family got here.

This may sound strange but what if she didn't want to come to America and liked Cuba? I assume she can not go back. Maybe she really misses her family and is taking it out on Jose becasue he defected without her consent or 100% backing and now she realizes it was not a good idea.

The sad thing is it was a great story and now it could be a tragic story.

Pretty sad also quite a contradictory post.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:40 AM)
If this true, I'm sorry for the pain that this will bring Jose and his family. I hope it is not true. Other than death of a loved one, divorce is one of the most stressful events that can happen in a person's life. If it is true, line up the ladies for Jose. Girls gone wild Cuban edition.

I don't think we want him hanging out with Joe Francis, Snoop Dogg or Paris Hilton.

If anything, the stability that his family, Ozzie Guillen, Hernandez, etc. provided was one of the key factors in him turning things around. I don't think we want him out there joining the Anderson/McCarthy post-game pub crawl circuit.

And it doesn't really fit Jose's personality.

Just trying to cheer the old man up. :D I feel for the guy. My point is he is still a wealthy, famous, athlete. He will rebound. He will not have to live alone, drowning his sorrows in cheap beer, as he watches reruns on the couch in his dirty T-shirt and old underwear with holes in them. I hope it is not true, but if it is Jose, hang in there. Life is still good and it will be even better if you put some more championship rings on your fingers.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
Yeah, let's stop trashing his wife, please. We don't know anything. I was just asking because I'd read that and hadn't heard it before. I really hate seeing this turn into a smearfest of anyone.

She's deserving of smear because she was the one who broke her marital vows and divorced the Bronze Titan.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
She's deserving of smear because she was the one who broke her marital vows and divorced the Bronze Titan.

Couldn't agree more....she's going to miss Jose in more ways than one, too....I'll bet he isn't called the Bronze "Titan" for nothing... ;)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
Supposedly, not having his family in this country was one of the reasons that people thought he might have struggled when he first came to the Yankees.

Well yeah, that was when he loved her....clearly now he knows she is a greedy bloodsucker... :P