White Sox vs. A's , 4/10/07 (L)

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
Quick question about last nights game. Why didn't Jenks get credited for a save?

I wondered this myself. I guess Swisher must be more comfortable batting lefty...? so Ozzie left in Thornton for the better odds with him batting from the right. But yeah, it even looked like Bobby was wondering why he wasn't coming in. Any other info on this?

QUOTE(barnes @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
I wondered this myself. I guess Swisher must be more comfortable batting lefty...? so Ozzie left in Thornton for the better odds with him batting from the right. But yeah, it even looked like Bobby was wondering why he wasn't coming in. Any other info on this?

Swisher's 06 splits:

As LHB: .241 .360 .489 .849

As RHB: .291 .406 .504 .910

So, Swisher is clearly more comfortable against lefties than he is against righties.

Hopefully Dye, Crede, and Pierzynski will break out of their suck-streaks... especially Dye.

And hopefully Garland will rebound nicely... he has always pitched well in Oakland, IIRC. And I am not too worried about most of the team never facing Gaudin. PK, Uribe, and Crede have all seen him before, and watching some video on him, he doesn't look impressive at all, his fastball maxes out at about 88-89. Plus, he has been around for about 4-5 years now, so they should have a pretty good scouting report on him by now.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
Wait a second... is that Big Hurt's wife in one of the pics?

Yup, used to work with her. She always chased the Chicago athletes. She would stalk Jordan and Pippen back in the day. She would always tell us about it. She is hot, but a nut job.

BTW...Jamie Kotsay > All

Edited by Brian

so guadin walked 42 and struck out 36 last year.....you can definately tell oakland has shifted away from some of its stats taht they used in the early 2000s.....this guy only gave up 3 bombs in 63 innings last year so we might have to do it with small ball tonight