Lidle for .... Mark Johnson??? Gammons Thinks So

aboz56

Meanwhile, Beane is out looking to move some salary (Cory Lidle to the White Sox for catcher Mark Johnson is a possibility) and add a center fielder if that player meets the Oakland criteria.

http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2002/1113/1460204.html

Gammons has officially lost it. If KW did this trade, I would officially be a KW fan regardless of his past screwups. If Billy Beane did this trade, they should fire him so he can go to Boston.

Holy Macoroni this would be a brilliant trade on KW's part.

Get it Done!!!!

Of course I can't possibly believe that Billy Beane would do it, but MJ is a solid catcher and he was a first round pick, not that it means anything. The A's could use a catcher, I know that.

Adkins really has looked bad down in the fall league. Tons of hits given up.

I do think he could turn into a decent converted reliever, where he only goes through the lineup one time.

Still it would be great to finally pull a good trade, where we rob the other team. IF this trade went down, I tell you one thing, even if MJ turned into a star, I'd keep my mouth shut cause I think all of us can say, we wouldn't of expected it.

sorry jas..i don see adkins as another steve shrenk..career minor leaguer...

as for johnson for lidle...if KW did that trade lidle would probably pitch about 7 games and have a career ending in jury while mark johnson blossoms into the stud the sox thought they were getting when they drafted him in the first round...hitting something like 20-80 310...

just watch...everything KW touches turns to crap...he is the anti- midas

Originally posted by Mike South24

this is what makes me sick. KW is looking for Lidle to be our #2 starter. He's Oakland's 4th starter!!!!!!!!! Anyone see the point i'm making here? 

Remember, Buerhle would be the A's 4th starter too.

Lidle is a very solid starter. I don't think he's a #2 but I'd love to get him as our #3 and then sign Paul Byrd or acquire Colon.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Lidle is a very solid starter.  I don't think he's a #2 but I'd love to get him as our #3 and then sign Paul Byrd or acquire Colon. 

In your world the Sox will have like an 74 man pitching staff.

Buehrle, Garland, and Wright are in. That's 3 of the 5 spots taken up. We know Ritchie is going to be back and most likely in the mix for one of the two spots. So if you get Lidle, your done. I know, I know, "they can move Todd to the pen" but they won't.