White Sox vs. Indians, 4/13/07 (W)

ShoeLessRob

Javier Vazquez (1 - 0) vs. Fausto Carmona (0 - 0)

Scouting Report:

White Sox: The 6 2/3 innings by Vazquez during Saturday's 3-0 victory over the Twins was one less inning than Jose Contreras, Jon Garland and Mark Buehrle worked combined over the first three games. Vazquez struck out five and walked four, allowing just one hit, throwing 65 of his 102 pitches for strikes. Vazquez has a 3-2 career record with a 4.13 ERA against the Indians and has a 2-1 mark with a 3.46 ERA over four starts made at Jacobs Field.

Indians: For the second April in a row, Carmona will find himself filling in for an injured member of the Tribe rotation, as Cliff Lee's abdominal injury opened up the door for him to break camp with the big-league club. Carmona endured a rollercoaster '06 in which he dominated in the setup role, fell apart as the closer in the wake of the Bob Wickman trade and put himself back together with four encouraging September starts. Carmona has wicked raw stuff that includes a 97-mph sinking fastball, but he sometimes struggles to keep his tempo in check and his pitches down in the zone. He hasn't pitched in a game since an April 3 exhibition for Class A Lake County, against Double-A Akron, so rust might be an issue.

Taken from Whitesox.com

Let's go Javy and make it two good starts in a row. Offense needs to get them bats working early in the game and continue on throughout all 9 innings.

Do it for Borat... theochotm4.png

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
Javy Time... I predict 9 IP, 25 K, and Javy's first of many perfect games this season!

Are you going to do this for every game he starts? You've only done it twice and I'm already annoyed.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm confused as to what you're trying to accomplish here, do you want him to be bad?

I don't know what I want accomplished here... But I do know I want Javy to have a big year, and if my spiritual support and homerism help him, I'll keep it up... :)

Let's hope Guillen has a good game tonight. It'd be conducive to winning for him to use his personnel correctly and not repeat his mistakes. Hopefully he's learned how to protect a late-inning lead.

:gosox1:

Lyle Mouton isn't actually in baseball anymore, that's just the last team that signed him, which was 5 years ago.

On a side note: This will be my first game listening to Hawk this season. I've avoided him for the first 8 games but I figure I'm going to have to atleast give him a chance. Can't say I'm really looking forward to hearing him.