White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

John Danks ( 0 - 1) vs. Paul Byrd (0 - 0)

Let's keep the ball moving and make it 3 in a row. Here's to another impressive performance by our starting rotation and left handed rookie. :cheers :gosox1:

theochoqz6.png Borat has worked so far, so I'm keeping it coming!

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Paul Byrd pitched at a SEA/CLE game that was called off and Eric Wedge was pissed, so those stats did not count, but my question is how did Byrd do? Does anyone know? I think we struggled with Byrd last year, but I was really just wondering how he did in the SEA/CLE game.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
^^^^^^^ Times 2. :)

Finally, I'll see Danks perform.

he's pretty fun to watch. really attacks hitters and doesnt seem like a 23 year old up there at all. I'm not expecting an amazing outing but if he keeps us in it i'd say its a successful start.

I'll get to enjoy watching Danks pitch today. Let's keep the nice pitching going.

As for Byrd, looks like he had a no-no going but had it snowed away

Paul Byrd wanted nothing more than to leave his last start behind him.

This, however, will not be possible.

"Everywhere I walked fans reminded me about it," Byrd said. "I was eating at a restaurant and fans would come up to me and say, 'Boy, you really got a raw deal.'"

That raw deal came in the form of his 4 2/3 innings of no-hit ball on April 6 being all for naught. One strike away from pitching the Indians' home opener into official territory with the Tribe ahead, 4-0, Mariners manager Mike Hargrove charged out of the visitors' dugout to complain that his batter could not see the ball. The men in blue cleared the field and after a lengthy delay, the game was postponed. In essence, the game never existed. Byrd's mastery was wasted.

Edited by robinventura23

has anyone noticed that Paul Byrd kinda looks like the Undertaker from wrestling back in the day. I was watching a couple years ago in the playoffs and boy hood flashbacks were popping in my head lol. Anyway lets burry him lol .....wow im corny

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
has anyone noticed that Paul Byrd kinda looks like the Undertaker from wrestling back in the day. I was watching a couple years ago in the playoffs and boy hood flashbacks were popping in my head lol. Anyway lets burry him lol .....wow im corny

He looks more like Chris Benoit.