White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Make Contreras' opening day start look like CC Sabathia's and its probably .225 or lower. Its really hard to hit when the game is being played in the conditions the majority of the games have been played in.

Here is the breakdown.

The Indians are hitting .318 against us this year, while we are hitting .240 against them maybe its the thermal underwear.

Oakland one of the worst hitting teams this year, hit .174 against us, while we hit a robust .221. It was not cold in Oakland. And only one of their pitchers was good.

Minny hit .148 against us, and we hit .200 against them. One good pitcher faced us, and one not so good.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Here is the breakdown.

The Indians are hitting .318 against us this year, while we are hitting .240 against them maybe its the thermal underwear.

Oakland one of the worst hitting teams this year, hit .174 against us, while we hit a robust .221. It was not cold in Oakland. And only one of their pitchers was good.

Minny hit .148 against us, and we hit .200 against them. One good pitcher faced us, and one not so good.

Toss out opening day and Cleveland is hitting .267 against the Sox. I'm not cherry picking either, opening day was in the 60s. I could cherry pick and toss out the first 2 games against Cleveland and they are hitting .245 against the Sox. The weather is playing a big part in the lack of offense. For the Sox and their opponents. It was pretty chilly in Oakland. Not like its been here, but not exactly balmy. It was in the upper 40s for the second game against Oakland, and they faced Harden in another. After tomorrow, they will have faced an ace every series and played at least 1 game other than the one against the ace in every series in temperatures below 50 degrees. That will keep the average low.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
soxtalk is close to doing the same for me with anderson...like gload...and mccarthy...

Then it's not the board doing it to you, you're doing it to your damn self. How much of this bulls*** even has to do with Anderson or people thinking he's any good? Practically none. It has more to do with Erstad being a s***ty hitter who was just handed a job at the beginning of the season, Podsednik being a terrible defensive player, a young player being kept on the bench when he could be improving his game in AAA and Ozzie Guillen's stubborn nature, unwilling to make defensive replacements or pinch hit for his light hitting vets.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
what should we expect from Anderson tomorrow? He barely plays and has to face CC.

Ozzie started Erstad against Sabathia before and Erstad's career numbers are good against Sabathia. I'd be surprised if Anderson starts tomorrow -- has it been announced?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
Podsednik being a terrible defensive player, a young player being kept on the bench when he could be improving his game in AAA and Ozzie Guillen's stubborn nature, unwilling to make defensive replacements or pinch hit for his light hitting vets.

Not to argue, but I doubt Anderson is on the roster because Ozzie wants him. I'm pretty sure Ozzie wanted Terrero but Williams vetoed him.

I think you have to blame Williams. His fix for CF and the non-problem of a #2 hitter was Darin Erstad. That's not a good fix when you've already committed to bad offensive player in LF. I think the roster was poorly constructed.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
Ozzie started Erstad against Sabathia before and Erstad's career numbers are good against Sabathia. I'd be surprised if Anderson starts tomorrow -- has it been announced?

Not to argue, but I doubt Anderson is on the roster because Ozzie wants him. I'm pretty sure Ozzie wanted Terrero but Williams vetoed him.

I think you have to blame Williams. His fix for CF and the non-problem of a #2 hitter was Darin Erstad. That's not a good fix when you've already committed to bad offensive player in LF. I think the roster was poorly constructed.

Anderson rotting on the bench and Guillen being stubborn were separate thoughts, hence the structure of the sentence. It was silly for Anderson to make the club if he was not going to be used, I understand Ozzie wants nothing to do with Anderson so yeah, KW does have to share some of the blame for forcing BA on Ozzie instead of giving him Terrero to play with and Anderson some work in AAA to start the season.

Of course Ozzie did bring this on himself for basically lying through his teeth all ST about some fictitious outfield competition.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
Then it's not the board doing it to you, you're doing it to your damn self. How much of this bulls*** even has to do with Anderson or people thinking he's any good? Practically none. It has more to do with Erstad being a s***ty hitter who was just handed a job at the beginning of the season, Podsednik being a terrible defensive player, a young player being kept on the bench when he could be improving his game in AAA and Ozzie Guillen's stubborn nature, unwilling to make defensive replacements or pinch hit for his light hitting vets.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
You certainly enjoy overreacting don't you? Perhaps you shouldn't take this s*** so personally?

:P

I don't mind the relevant, thought-out posts. It's hearing it over and over, along with how terrible Ozzie is, that can be overwhelming.

Unlike a lot of other people, I don't ever end up absoluting hating anybody in a Sox uniform.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

Where exactly did I overreact again? Looks to me like I just listed some reasons as to why people have been b****ing around here. I don't know perhaps you just don't have any sort of rebuttal, it's alright you're not the first.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
I don't know perhaps you just don't have any sort of rebuttal, it's alright you're not the first.

:lol:

Although I've agreed that he is possibly the better option, it really isn't as clear-cut as some wanna make it out to be. As far as earning the job in spring training, his numbers didn't exactly dominate Erstad's. I do agree that if he's not going to even be used as a late-inning defensive replacement, it would benefit the team for him to be snet down to get consistent at-bats because he's not ready to be a consistent major-league hitter.

But like today I think, for example, when people were clamoring for him to come in and hit for Podsednik, I didn't agree with. I know people luv him and wanna see him play, but I'd rather see him coming in as a defensive replacement than to hit for possibly the only person hitting fairly well, no matter how much they hate that guy.

Now, I know you'll respond by saying that it isn't you that is biased. If so, my original post was not meant for you. I like the informative, well though-out posts. It's the blind biases either way that can be a bit overwhelming at times, and the most usually come when defending ba or hating Ozzie. It'll never be enough to sway my own personal opinions, but just enough for me to take notice.