White Sox vs. Rangers, 4/18/07 (W) ~Buehrle No-Hitter~

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 09:00 AM)
Millwood's line will be about the same as Tejeda's, as will Padilla's. If Buerhle and Vazquez don't step up it will be a long series. Glad ot see Garland gave up last night. I guess I wasn't the only one.

Garland was nails until Crede's error. After that he gave up. With good reason, the offense wasnt going to do s*** for him. Lets hope they feel compelled to score runs for Mark tonight. Probably not though.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 09:20 AM)
Garland was nails until Crede's error. After that he gave up. With good reason, the offense wasnt going to do s*** for him. Lets hope they feel compelled to score runs for Mark tonight. Probably not though.

I'd like to think Jon pitched a pretty damn good game, or at least by QS standards, with at least a couple 1-2-3 innings in there. I can't blame Jon for the Kinsler shot, that kid is raking right now and basically 3 ironed that blast into the left field bleachers last night.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:48 AM)
I am going to a company dinner tonight, wont be able to join until the game is well into its throws. Hopefully I come back to find that the sox took their heads out of their asses and have scored some runs.

You know if you get done and we are winning, you arent allowed to watch the rest of the game.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
You know if you get done and we are winning, you arent allowed to watch the rest of the game.

If it meant them winning 100 games this year, the TV would be on something else. But remember, its too cold for the hitters to hit. Its not me, its the freezing unbearable cold.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)
If it meant them winning 100 games this year, the TV would be on something else. But remember, its too cold for the hitters to hit. Its not me, its the freezing unbearable cold.

True, bats are afraid of the cold.

Look at it this way, without the pitching weve got so far, we'd be the Phillies right now. Not a good situation to be in only 2.5 weeks in. We all KNOW the hits will come, and when they do, this team is gonna be tough to beat. Maybe it will taker an old foe to get things rolling tonight, were going Millwood on that ass.

Btw, completely random off topic, any promotions tonight?? Podsednik Operation Board Game Night?

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:59 AM)
Look at it this way, without the pitching weve got so far, we'd be the Phillies right now. Not a good situation to be in only 2.5 weeks in. We all KNOW the hits will come, and when they do, this team is gonna be tough to beat. Maybe it will taker an old foe to get things rolling tonight, were going Millwood on that ass.

Btw, completely random off topic, any promotions tonight?? Podsednik Operation Board Game Night?

Just not true. When the hitting picks up, we will still not be as good as the Tigers or the Indians. Our offense cant keep up with the Tribe, and their starters are comparable, and the Tigers pitching is better, their offense is comparable, and they have a better manager.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:04 PM)
Just not true. When the hitting picks up, we will still not be as good as the Tigers or the Indians. Our offense cant keep up with the Tribe, and their starters are comparable, and the Tigers pitching is better, their offense is comparable, and they have a better manager.

Hey, Nancy Negative called, she wants her gig back.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:04 PM)

We OWNED the Tigers last year, and the Indians havent shown me the consistency yet (not that theyve had a chance) sure theyre 4-2 against us, which is saying a whole lot considering we are the worst offensive team in baseball.