MLB.com Customer Support

aboz56

Anyone have advice for getting an actual human on the phone from MLB.com?

I've got some questions regarding my MLB.tv subscription that I need answered, waited last night on hold for a hour and then today for 30 mins and never got a person on the phone. I've also never gotten responses to my emails submitted to their customer service department.

After doing a brief google search, I've come to realize that their service is notoriously bad. Anyone have advice for getting a hold of someone or does anyone else share the same frustration? I've had some bad service experiences before, but this is just downright awful.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
Anyone have advice for getting an actual human on the phone from MLB.com?

I've got some questions regarding my MLB.tv subscription that I need answered, waited last night on hold for a hour and then today for 30 mins and never got a person on the phone. I've also never gotten responses to my emails submitted to their customer service department.

After doing a brief google search, I've come to realize that their service is notoriously bad. Anyone have advice for getting a hold of someone or does anyone else share the same frustration? I've had some bad service experiences before, but this is just downright awful.

I've been in the same boat aboz. They probably have one schmoe answering all the calls. My patience has worn thin with them. My stream sucks.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 06:08 PM)
I've been in the same boat aboz. They probably have one schmoe answering all the calls. My patience has worn thin with them. My stream sucks.

My stream has been decent, my biggest annoyance is how they come back from the commercial break (aka the pacman screen, those of you who are subscribers know what I am referring to) after the inning has already started. Sometimes outs have even been recorded. For $120, I'd hope I could see every pitch in the game, but maybe I'm asking too much.

I got through to them after waiting on hold for 30-40 minutes a day for 10 straight days. The day I got through I waited for 40 minutes. I sent multiple emails before then and never got a response, and I left phone messages that weren't responded to. Just an awful experience.

I guess I got lucky to get through at all.

Ha, looks like you've been screwed by the mlb.commies as well.

I sent probably three emails to their recommended customer service email account and never received a response. i finally had to have my bank cancel the charge.

HORRIBLE customer service.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
Ha, looks like you've been screwed by the mlb.commies as well.

I sent probably three emails to their recommended customer service email account and never received a response. i finally had to have my bank cancel the charge.

HORRIBLE customer service.

I've emailed them probably 4 or 5 times this year. NO response to any of the emails. You wonder WTF is going on??? The 700k service is a nice upgrade, I have to admit, but if you need to communicate with these guys at ALL you're fu&*ed...

Think we're seeing a trend here... Mike, Kap, Jas, Heads, or as I like to call you guys, the collective brain of this joint, any ideas on how Soxtalk as a group could go about getting heard by MLB about how they are treating people... This to me is just ridiculous and as big of a community as Soxtalk is, you'd think we could figure something out to get our voices heard.

I had mlb.tv last year and they decided that they would go ahead and charge me for this year too. Well I emailed before the deadline asking them to cancel it, but they went ahead and charged me it anyways. Right now im low on funds in my checking account so didnt have enough money in the account to pay for it, so basicly now I owe my bank an extra 32 dollars because they decided to pick it up for me automatically.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
I had mlb.tv last year and they decided that they would go ahead and charge me for this year too. Well I emailed before the deadline asking them to cancel it, but they went ahead and charged me it anyways. Right now im low on funds in my checking account so didnt have enough money in the account to pay for it, so basicly now I owe my bank an extra 32 dollars because they decided to pick it up for me automatically.

I had a similar problem. When I finally got through to customer support, I had to cancel 2 mlb.tv subscriptions and a radio one that I don't remember ordering.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
My stream has been decent, my biggest annoyance is how they come back from the commercial break (aka the pacman screen, those of you who are subscribers know what I am referring to) after the inning has already started. Sometimes outs have even been recorded. For $120, I'd hope I could see every pitch in the game, but maybe I'm asking too much.

agreed.

my problem is my mosaic locks up at least twice during the course of the night.

ya the customer service sucks really bad... never got through in 3 attempts and no response to emails. When it works, it's totally worth the $. I get to watch every sox and marlins game up here in michigan. i have high speed internet in an apartment complex, and it rarely works at night bc i guess high # of users. I can rarely ever watch at 700K, which is one of the reasons I got premium. oh well, what are ya gonna do.

Exact same problem with me. They charged me even after I told them to cancel my subscription. I've e-mailed three times with no response and waited on the phone for over an hour. The next step is putting a dispute on the credit card. I will never, EVER again buy anything from MLB.com.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)

They did the same to me. I told them I wanted to cancel within the 5 day trial period (because they are blacked out in Indiana) and I was charged anyways.

i cancelled my radio account before last season, but only because my credit card had expired.

my best suggestion -- somebody send a collective e-mail to Brooks Boyer. Tell him how pissed off loyal paying customers are.

Send another note to the commissioner's office. outline how bad the customer service is.

mlb knows this is the future pot of gold.

maybe it will help.

can't hurt.

Just imagine how much worse the feeds and the service would have been if Comcast hadn't inked an 11th hour deal for Extra innings and everybody not on DirectTV was counting on those feeds. :o

Fortunately I waited on getting mlbTV and didn't pony up before cable got the extra Innings package back, but at the beginning of each of the last 3 seasons I have had to email multiple times and wait on the phone forever to try getting Gameday Audio issues issues resolved. It was exactly that experience that convinced me I didn't want to have to count on MLB for video feeds as well.

I stupidly ponied up for Spring Training, when there wasn't as much stress on their servers--fewer connections, fewer games. And my experience in the first two weeks of the regular season was horrible--choppy steams, out-of-sync audio, dropped connections. The Mosaic software is a work in progress: they've been releasing new builds several times a week. To MLB.com's credit, they set up a blog to address tech-related problems, but it's become little more than a venue for excuse-making. The MLB.com monkeys regularly chalk problems up to the inadequacies of users' computers. Doubtless sometimes that's the case. But I'm a user who streams on both Mac and PCs, two PCs--one new, one really old. The really old one handles the streams the best. It's insane. And recently some of the MLB.com staffers have been getting snippy (granted, their customers are extremely frustrated). I'm advocating a coordinated baseball blog movement to sign a petition. You can also e-mail Bob Bowman at MLB.com. Luckily my cable company offers a $90 rebate to Extra Innings customers from last year, but still. They pushed this product through too soon, and didn't have the server capacity to adequately serve their paying customers. Embarrassing.

QUOTE(ExpatNYC @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:17 AM)
I stupidly ponied up for Spring Training, when there wasn't as much stress on their servers--fewer connections, fewer games. And my experience in the first two weeks of the regular season was horrible--

That is invariably my experience. ST feeds are fine and then it goes to cr@p when the regular season begins. A couple of seasons ago it was the worst because for some reason they decided to wait until the first day of the season to migrate between the old RealPlayer standalone application feeds and their new embedded Flash shell. Everything worked great through ST and then it came crashing down for Mac OSX users on opening day.

As it is now I'm only getting Gameday Audio to stream on XP and still no joy on MacOS.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
MLB Audio has had all kinds of background noise and hiss too.

Yep, I'm experiencing that problem as well. How freaking difficult is it to get an quality audio feed? Putting up a microphone to the radio would probably sound better.

When I get some time, I may try and put together a formal letter to send on to perhaps Brooks as well as whoever is in charge of the MLB.com website. If anyone has anything specific they want included, please let me know.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
When I get some time, I may try and put together a formal letter to send on to perhaps Brooks as well as whoever is in charge of the MLB.com website. If anyone has anything specific they want included, please let me know.

Just make sure you suggest actually hiring human beings to run the customer service hotline, as opposed to just tricking us into believing there might actually be one there.