White Sox vs. Royals, 4/23/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
10-8 against the Royals is completely inexcusable, that needs to change this season.

Its a travest ya sham and a mocketr.. its a traveshamockry and they will win this one and its a tru guatanteeeeeeeee

I believe the following quotes will be mentioned at some point tomorrow:

Hawk: "You know DJ, whenever you face this Kansas City ballclub you have to throw out the records. They play us TOUGH."

DJ (Addressing some comment from Hawk)"No question. Gill Meche is earning every penny of his salary today against our ballclub."

Hawk: (chuckles) "I'll tell you what, Grudzielanek swings a magic wand against our ballclub."

Hopefully I am going to this game. From watching the Royals a bit so far this year I honestly think they might be worse than last year and I didn't expect that. On paper they looked better, until I looked at their bullpen and realized their best reliever going into the year was David Riske. They have two guys I hadn't heard of until 2 weeks ago. They do have some young pitchers that could make names for themselves, but their bullpen hasn't been good. Also, Alex Gordon has no business being in the Majors yet though he has shown signs of improvement.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:36 AM)
I believe the following quotes will be mentioned at some point tomorrow:

Hawk: "You know DJ, whenever you face this Kansas City ballclub you have to throw out the records. They play us TOUGH."

DJ (Addressing some comment from Hawk)"No question. Gill Meche is earning every penny of his salary today against our ballclub."

Hawk: (chuckles) "I'll tell you what, Grudzielanek swings a magic wand against our ballclub."

:lol:

Great stuff, and probably SO true. I hope I don't have to hear those two talk like that tonight... It will be sickening...

On that note, lets hope we can walk into KC, get the bats rolling, and kick the s*** out of some Royals...

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
I worry about the Sox taking KC lightly. After last year, they darn well better not.

KC is pesky. They just took 2 of 3 from the 1st place Twins. And hopefully we pitch around Sweeney in clutch late inning situations.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
I hope Hawk doesn't use the "sometimes you just need to tip your cap" excuse.

Or how about "You're going to win 60 games and you're going to lose 60 games, its what you do with the other 42"

QUOTE(pale_hose @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
we cant take the Royals lightly. He have a good line up that can put up some runs. If they had any pitching at all, they would even contend for the central. They did just win the series against the twins...

Lets not overstate their case. They have a few good hitting guys. They are still a team you should beat and beat just about everytime. Take a gander at their bullpen, and wave to Riske and then think sweep.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
Or how about "You're going to win 60 games and you're going to lose 60 games, its what you do with the other 42"

Or "DJ we have not got into a rythm yet" or "DJ I have been in baseball part of Six decades and have never seen anything like that"