White Sox vs. Royals, 4/23/07 (W)

knightni

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
I hope Hawk doesn't use the "sometimes you just need to tip your cap" excuse.

I just dont want to here the Cy Youngification of any of the Royals pitchers.

Wow, look at the break on that. Thats 1000 mph on the black, you just need to tip your cap. I know the ERA says 12.34, but that isnt what we are seeing tonight. This guy has at least 9 pitches with the different arm angles, and he throws strikes with all of them. Ooh Pauly just missed one, mercy. The 2nd baseman comes in near the pitchers mound to catch the 3rd out.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:36 AM)
I believe the following quotes will be mentioned at some point tomorrow:

Hawk: "You know DJ, whenever you face this Kansas City ballclub you have to throw out the records. They play us TOUGH."

DJ (Addressing some comment from Hawk)"No question. Gill Meche is earning every penny of his salary today against our ballclub."

Hawk: (chuckles) "I'll tell you what, Grudzielanek swings a magic wand against our ballclub."

And unfortunately they will be muttered in every game against KC. Zach Greinke can be added to that list of players that will dominate us in a start. And we will wake up Mike Sweeney in this series as well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:50 PM)
I just dont want to here the Cy Youngification of any of the Royals pitchers.

Wow, look at the break on that. Thats 1000 mph on the black, you just need to tip your cap. I know the ERA says 12.34, but that isnt what we are seeing tonight. This guy has at least 9 pitches with the different arm angles, and he throws strikes with all of them. Ooh Pauly just missed one, mercy. The 2nd baseman comes in near the pitchers mound to catch the 3rd out.

I really do love you. :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:19 PM)
Damn it is 6 hours to game time, and already everyone has conceeded the series to KC. I guess that means you won't all be wasting your time watching the game...

6 hours to game time??? Oh, no, no, no.

Ozzie cost this team a series victory days ago.

/InsertShakingHeadEmoticon

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
In all reality this is what should happen.

The game should end Whitesox 9 - Royals 2.

The whitesox should be held to 4 runs over 6 by Meche. Then the Royals bullpen comes into the game, and bombs away.

Except hte White Sox have never see the guys in the KC bullpen except Riske and therefore it falls to the old never seen him before Cy Youngification of an ordinary pitcher.

Hawk, "The Royals got some good young arms out there in that bullpen."

Sweeney is good for at least 3 RBI tonight as he simply kills Mark Buerhle. These are not overly negative facts, these are proven points.

this is a perfect series for paulie to start hitting again.....i dont know why but it def. is....

Mark has been lights out the last two starts obviously, and is facing a bad team so i expect a nice little blow out...GO SOX!!!

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
I agree.

FWIW, A.J. said he has a feeling Paulie is going to have a great series in KC. I hope he's right and we're wrong!

I hope so. Paulie just needs to relax up there. He's just pressing so bad right now.