White Sox vs. Royals, 4/23/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
It would be great to see the Sox score some runs without the benefit of a home run. That would be really novel. ... And now for something completely different ... :P

See this past Saturday's game...

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
I remember in years past how we used to score a ton of runs early in the game. It doesn't seem that way anymore.

2005's strategy was score early, then shut down the offense and let the SP or bullpen hang on it seemed like.

This year's strategy seems to be "pray you knock the starter out and go to work on the bullpen"

My dad and I were just talking and have a question. I watch a TON of Sox games, as much as I can, but does anyone remember Hawk and DJ just flat out saying the Sox hitters were not hitting a bad pitcher making bad pitches?

Trust me, I know it's posted a lot about the announcers making every pitcher out to be Cy Young, I post about it. But does anyone actually remember them saying it was on the sox offense?

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
My dad and I were just talking and have a question. I watch a TON of Sox games, as much as I can, but does anyone remember Hawk and DJ just flat out saying the Sox hitters were not hitting a bad pitcher making bad pitches?

I believe it would be a cold day in hell before that happens. :snow The closest I remember was Hawk saying during Crede's first season, "He's a scufflin'".

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erstad's offense 2007 = Anderson's offense 2006

You're serious?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no clue why he's playing today.

Hey, it's KC. It's the perfect opportunity for him to try to get out of this slump. I'm not concerned about it either way. Like I said, the last time I remember Paulie falling in a huge slump, he ended the year with 40 HR and 100 RBI, so I'm not worried.

I'm telling you, I watched one Reds game on mlbtv and I can no longer watch Hawk or DJ. After Adam Dunn waved at a high fastball they ripped into him for 5 minutes, about how he has to make these changes if he wants to stay in the two hole, about how he should never even have thought about swinging, on and on. Hamilton was up next and doubled down the line, and the announcers gave another 5 minutes of incredibly insightful and articulate analysis of what makes Hamiltons swing so good, and why he is going to make it. None of the "its a great comeback" bulls***. Pure baseball analysis, something we get none of.