GOP Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
Prediction of the day:

Even after McCain gets 1191 delegates, Huckabee stays in the race.

well, one prediction down the drain.

i guess Huckabee is finally giving up and will concede the nomination tonight.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)
well, one prediction down the drain.

i guess Huckabee is finally giving up and will concede the nomination tonight.

My inlaws talked to one of their friends in Odessa, TX, where Huckabee was last night. They point blank asked him why he stayed in so long, and he told them that basically he's running again in 4 years and he wanted to stay in as long as possible... but the interesting part is that Huckabee was saying that McCain won't run again, WIN OR LOSE. Very interesting.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
My inlaws talked to one of their friends in Odessa, TX, where Huckabee was last night. They point blank asked him why he stayed in so long, and he told them that basically he's running again in 4 years and he wanted to stay in as long as possible... but the interesting part is that Huckabee was saying that McCain won't run again, WIN OR LOSE. Very interesting.

Not a bad move on Huckabee's part to audition with the voters for 2012. His name definitely got out there, byt GOP insiders might give Romney more of an inside track because he stepped out early like they wanted him to.

I wouldn't be surprised if McCain is just looking for 1 term. VP pick will be a big deal if thats the case.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 12:01 AM)
To say tonight was a good night for the GOP would be a vast understatement. McCain is official, and the dems are back into 2 candidate quagmire mode, with Hillary back in it.

Yea, but it's not... Hillary anywhere close to the nomination scares me. So does Obama, but not nearly as bad.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
Yea, but it's not... Hillary anywhere close to the nomination scares me. So does Obama, but not nearly as bad.

Why do you say that? I'm MUCH more scared of Obama than Hillary. All the far righties that McCain might struggle to energize will get a swift kick in the ass if the alternative is Hillary, plus youth and black turnout would be mediocre to horrible since they love Obama and would be discouraged, and McCain would dominate the moderate/independent vote. Hillary is a DREAM opponent for McCain.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
Why do you say that? I'm MUCH more scared of Obama than Hillary. All the far righties that McCain might struggle to energize will get a swift kick in the ass if the alternative is Hillary, plus youth and black turnout would be mediocre to horrible since they love Obama and would be discouraged, and McCain would dominate the moderate/independent vote. Hillary is a DREAM opponent for McCain.

Rush Limbaugh has recently been encouraging his listeners to turn out and vote for Hillary so that they could keep the mess on the Dem side going as long as possible and so that either Hillary comes out as the nominee or she bloodies up Obama really badly.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
Rush Limbaugh has recently been encouraging his listeners to turn out and vote for Hillary so that they could keep the mess on the Dem side going as long as possible and so that either Hillary comes out as the nominee or she bloodies up Obama really badly.

We'll see if Limbaugh has any listeners that will take his word.

I saw Ann Coulter yesterday on Fox News, she blantently said it doesn't matter who get the nominee between Obama or Clinton because McCain isn't going to win. I don't take her that seriously though.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)

Karmatic after their was talk of the Dems doing the samething in Michigan, isn't it?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)

McCain vs. an NYT reporter today.

From what he has been known to do, I would hardly call that losing his temper. More like putting a brat back in her place. A much better response than Obama saying 'Hey, I answered 8 questions, that's enough' and leaving just because he didn't like the questions, or the reporter.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
From what he has been known to do, I would hardly call that losing his temper. More like putting a brat back in her place. A much better response than Obama saying 'Hey, I answered 8 questions, that's enough' and leaving just because he didn't like the questions, or the reporter.

Much better? I'd call it identical. Methods might be different, but its basically the same "look, I've discussed this, I'm done with it" type response.

And I personally see no problem with either one. Neither one might have been a great idea politically, and certainly they both appeared a bit impatient and unprofessional. But its nothing that should be a big issue.

If you took all the GOP voters from my counties' primary, they would fit inside a High School football stadium with room for the band, cheerleaders, pom pom squad, and their parents. One voting location reported one person taking a GOP ballot.