Where are all you Erstad haters now?

Dan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one who has disliked Erstad, let me say, nice game.

Please keep it up.

And if we haters are fickle, think of the Yankee fans who booed ARod on opening day

then later that day had him take a curtain call.

I think we haters want Erstad to do well, we just fear he is an automatic out.

Hope he proves me wrong.

I want the Sox to win.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
Erstad's OPS after today = .570.

Suck on THAT, Erstad H8erzzzz!1!111111

my thoughts exactly.

one game does not make up for his overall suckage. anyone who thinks otherwise is... well... special.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
I've defended Erstad all the way. Hey, there's more flip-flopping on this site than in a Presidential debate.

Some call those people fair weather fans

I haven't complained about any of this last 3 games. It doesn't change his .222 average on the season thus far, and I'm still not happy with that.

If he can be adequate in CF - .270/.330/.400 - I'll be happy enough, just so long as he doesn't get enough PA's to be brought back at $6 million next year, which would be a ridiculous price to pay for a mediocre CFer at his best.

I don't know how anyone could hate on a grinder who grinds his way- all the way- to the prestigious "player of the game" championship title.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
I don't give a s*** how he started out...which was pretty poor...but if he stays on a clip like this for the remainder of the year...mark my words...he'll have a cult following. It's just the nature of people.

Don't you think a player has to do something for the team before the fans of that team accept him as part of it? Sure the fans will root for him while he is batting, but they don't have to like him.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:06 AM)
I don't know how anyone could hate on a grinder who grinds his way- all the way- to the prestigious "player of the game" championship title.

Don't you think a player has to do something for the team before the fans of that team accept him as part of it? Sure the fans will root for him while he is batting, but they don't have to like him.

Dude...I think 9 for his last 27 is a nice start.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:43 AM)
Dude...I think 9 for his last 27 is a nice start.

He's a career .299 hitter in the leadoff position. You can't do that easily and still "suck" as everyone claims.

Is he going to win the Triple Crown, no? Will he be a player that White Sox fans will slowly grow to appreciate, yes! I'm sure many will be saying next year, gee, it would be nice to have someone who could accomplish A, B, C or D instead of flailing away or swinging for the fences. Someone to set an example for the other players, so that our entire team gets in the mindset of playing fundamentally sound baseball.

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
Some call those people fair weather fans

Yep I am a fair weather Erstad fan and an all weather Sox fan.

Some call those people fans who have watched the games and see a guy getting older, slower, etc. That's part of being on the decline. He will play well for some stretches and poorly in others. Guys are generally inconsistent early and late in their careers. That is why the BA/Erstad debate will rage on. Both players will have streaks of great play and streaks of crap.

I'm with Tex.

I'm a Sox fan first and foremost. I won't let my feelings towards one particular player supercede my hopes for the team. That means even if Mr. Prancer himself is getting the job done, I would be first in line to congratulate him, despite how I feel about his place on this team.

Erstad has had a good day or 2, lets not annoit him the Savior that Ozzie sees him as quite yet.