White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
I officially hate Brian Anderson.

It's a shame, but I'm beginning to shift towards that side.

Yes, our entire lineup didn't look good against Durbin -- but Anderson especially was atrocious. In his second AB he missed three consecutive meatballs; two fastballs down the middle and a hanging slider. This isn't exactly a pitcher who'll deceive you or throws 95+ and can get away with mistakes.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
How can a player be so bad and folks still keep trying to offer up excuses for him...

Lets face it... he can't hit... time to move on.

Calling Luis Terrero

Calling Ryan Sweeney

People just wanted to give him a chance early on. He looks terrible, absolutely terrible so far.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)
People just wanted to give him a chance early on. He looks terrible, absolutely terrible so far.

The problem is Terrero and Sweeney haven't done anything in AAA either. We need a solution in LF for the next month and a half.

How can a player be so bad and folks still keep trying to offer up excuses for him...

Lets face it... he can't hit... time to move on.

Calling Luis Terrero

Calling Ryan Sweeney

Sweeney is hitting .246 in AAA right now. I don't think he is ready to step in and be our savior yet.

Calling Luis Terrero

Calling Ryan Sweeney

Gross. Sweeney would be just as bad because he is sucking in AAA right now. God that game made me bitter. Chad f***ing Durbin, unreal.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
Sweeney is hitting .246 in AAA right now. I don't think he is ready to step in and be our savior yet.

One point higher than Terrero than coming into today. Our offensive players in the minors are brutal so far at the high levels.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Our offensive players in the minors are brutal so far at the high levels.

It's sad Sweeney and Fields respectively are considered our top offensive prospects.

Well, unless Cunningham continues raking.

We absolutely need production from within this system if we're going to sustain success. I'm sure i"m not the only one who had thoughts of Sweeney, Fields -- possibly both -- joining the team next season. Judging from this point in the season, neither seem like good options.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Anderson is another Jeremy Reed. Cut him loose. Trade him.

He can't hit.

Unless he learns how. Where will he learn? Da minors! Ship him down.

He's only got about 400 AB's. A little too quick to just toss him by the way-side.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Anderson is another Jeremy Reed.

Yea... like Reed wasn't even a first round pick and whose hitting in the minors and plate disipline just blows BA out of the water and is still young enough to turn it around (only one year older) doesn't mean s***.

That's an insult to Reed and this is comming from a guy who loves BA. But Reed is just a flat out stud and I'll defend him to the death.