White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep checking here, yahoo.com, and the official White Sox webpage. Other than that, I am not sure where else. I am hoping to know before 4 so I can stop my brother from getting on the bus should it be post-poned.

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(soxfansince04 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
What is usually the first place to find out if a game is delayed or canceled before you get to the park? Radio, whitesox.com, online news? I have tickets tonight and a busy afternoon ahead of me so I want to stay in the know.

Its not raining consistently hard enough for them to cancel before gametime, what we have today is one of those classic "tweener" weather days where its not quite s***ty enough to cancel baseball, but they will wait it out until there is a dry spot to start the game.

Our players may very well be in for another long one tonight, hopefully theyre getting their rest after getting in early this morning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
I have a feeling the Sox would like for this game to not be played in order to rest our bullpen.

It's sad that we're again hoping for an offday to rest a fatigued bullpen.

What's going to happen in the summer?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
It's sad that we're again hoping for an offday to rest a fatigued bullpen.

What's going to happen in the summer?

Are the other contending teams having their starters pitch 8 and 9 innings each night? Am I missing something here?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(OfficerKarkovice @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing if this one got rained out...

Erstad, CF

Iguchi, 2B

Konerko, 1B

Pierzynski, C

Crede, 3B

Mackowiak, RF

Ozuna, LF

Uribe, SS

Anderson, DH

Danks, P

Wow. So here's an obvious question...why not put Anderson in the field? If we're stuck into having Ozuna, Anderson, Erstad, and Mack all starting, why don't we DH Ozuna, since he's by far the biggest liability in the OF. Anderson in Center, Erstad in Left, Mack in Right?

What's the problem with that? It makes too much sense?

Kinda worried about Dye's health also now. That is a horrific lineup, so I'm really hoping for a rainout tonight.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
Wow. So here's an obvious question...why not put Anderson in the field? If we're stuck into having Ozuna, Anderson, Erstad, and Mack all starting, why don't we DH Ozuna, since he's by far the biggest liability in the OF. Anderson in Center, Erstad in Left, Mack in Right?

What's the problem with that? It makes too much sense?

It should be Anderson in LF, Erstad in CF if you go by what Ozzie says.

from Reifert's blog.....

Weather

According to the experts, things will clear for a time and then the rain will return around 4-5 pm. The rest of the evening will be spotty rain and scattered showers, but we remain hopeful we will be able to play baseball in and around the rain drops.

I'm really concerned that NOBODY is mentioning anything about Dye. All the articles about last night's game was about Thome having to sit becuase of the rib soreness, nobody even thought as far as to ask why the hell JD wasn't in the lineup, and again today. It's pretty evident now that he wasnt just "getting a day off" last night.

QUOTE(OfficerKarkovice @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing if this one got rained out...

Erstad, CF

Iguchi, 2B

Konerko, 1B

Pierzynski, C

Crede, 3B

Mackowiak, RF

Ozuna, LF

Uribe, SS

Anderson, DH

Danks, P

AJ hitting cleanup? hmmmm...

So we're without no Thome and Dye tonight? I can understand no Thome cuz of the weather.

What's up with Jermaine? Did I miss something

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(pcullotta @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Dye was in the lineup yesterday. He was taken out in the eight for Pablo Ozuna. However, I did not hear why and the Sox haven't mentioned it yet today.

Didnt realize he did play yesterday, I was flip flopping through channels and didnt stick with the Sox until the 8th started. This is still a bit questionable though.