Gary Thorne says Bloody sock was fake

Kyyle23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care, and if baseball really wanted to settle this, have the sock tested to see if it was really blood.

But yes, I would not be surprised if the sock was indeed fake, as Schilling is an attention whore like previous have stated. Even his own family doesn't like him.

God, this is pathetic. "If it's real and the negative attention is for no good reason, that's okay because he's an asshole."

Please.

And, look -- Schilling's pitching against the Yankees in the playoffs in tough elimination games. You think he had the time or thought before the games to something as bulls*** as "my socks"?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
God, this is pathetic. "If it's real and the negative attention is for no good reason, that's okay because he's an asshole."

Please.

And, look -- Schilling's pitching against the Yankees in the playoffs in tough elimination games. You think he had the time or thought before the games to something as bulls*** as "my socks"?

"If I can pitch seven innings of one hit baseball and I put paint on my sock and the announcers mistake it as blood and we go on to win the ALCS and we go on to win the World Series and..."

I completely agree, GP. :cheers

A new rule: If you must be a homer about an opposing team, make it the Cubs.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
I remember when he talked about how he couldn't even walk the morning of the game. Haha.

He had a completely stitched up foot, its not like he lied about having surgery. Foot surgery where there are that many stitches in it will swell and he probably couldnt walk the day of the game.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
I remember when he talked about how he couldn't even walk the morning of the game. Haha.

He had surgery on his ankle the morning of the game. As exaggerated as his story was, I would bet that he couldn't walk in the morning and this is coming from a guy that hates him just as much as you do.

Final Note: The only thing I can see him doing is wearing white sox (I'm clever) to show off his bloodied ankle, because looking at the picture of A-Rod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand, the first basemen has red socks. I don't know how he normally comes out, so I'm probably dead wrong.

Either way, stop being ridiculous, its blood, end of story.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)

I don't think this has much to do with him being a member of the Red Sox. I'm fairly certain most of the disdain for Schilling goes back much further. The guy has always conducted himself as if he was the commissioner of baseball. And his love for himself and the words that come out of his mouth has always been irritating.

I really could care less if the bloody sock was real or fake. The guy has been a hell of a pitcher throughout his career, and that performance was impressive.

Still, he's not a very likable guy. The only reason anybody thinks it could have been fake is that he comes off as a guy who would do such a thing.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
"If I can pitch seven innings of one hit baseball and I put paint on my sock and the announcers mistake it as blood and we go on to win the ALCS and we go on to win the World Series and..."

I completely agree, GP. :cheers

:cheers

Schilling is one of the best pitchers in the game and he's a great person. Oh, he's an attention whore, but I love him. He does great charity work and has the nerve to stand up for a pitcher's rights -- by smashing QuestTec satellites. He's good to his friends, he answers a lot of questions on his blog, he's accessible -- I don't see how people can dislike him just because he's outspoken.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
I'm not doubting he had trouble walking, but I just found it funny how he hyped this story trying to make everyone think he was a God.

Its actually pretty impressive to come out of an invasive surgery like that and pitch so well. Also i enjoy his outspoken views on steroids in baseball and his insane amount of charity work out of baseball. If the guy wasnt on the Red Sox, many of you would have a different opinion, and thats ok.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
If the guy wasnt on the Red Sox, many of you would have a different opinion, and thats ok.

That is definitely untrue for me, I'm not sure about others, but I don't really agree with that.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
That is definitely untrue for me, I'm not sure about others, but I don't really agree with that.

Any reasons why? I strongly dislike how much of an attention whore he is as I've already stated, but his accessibility with his blog and the work he does for charity is unlike any other player in not only baseball, but all of sports.

Oh, and he's one of the best pitchers to live during our life time...

Nothing agianst Schilling - he did pitch just after surgery, I don't doubt, and I have all the respect in the world for him. However, but I have a question.

If it were really blood coming from his surgery, why would it have stopped bleeding? Or why would there just be a set amount of blood on it? Wouldn't they have wrapped it in enough gauze that blood wouldn't seep out? If it not, wouldn't it have been literally blood red throughout?

And Greg, normally, no, I don't think a person would think about doing that. But from a person with a selfish, greater than god attitude like Curt Schilling? You bet your ass I do.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
Its actually pretty impressive to come out of an invasive surgery like that and pitch so well. Also i enjoy his outspoken views on steroids in baseball and his insane amount of charity work out of baseball. If the guy wasnt on the Red Sox, many of you would have a different opinion, and thats ok.

Him being on the Red Sox has nothing to do about him being a jackass. Especially since he has only been on that team for like 3 seasons or so after spending most his career elsewhere.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
But from a person with a selfish, greater than god attitude like Curt Schilling? You bet your ass I do.

Yeah, selfish, yeah greater than god.

http://www.shadefoundation.org/bb_weekly.php

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/05/24/220901.php

http://www.charitywines.com/

http://www.curtspitchforals.org/curt/about/press.asp

http://wcbs880.com/pages/92515.php?content...ontentId=212554

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Inning_Game

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)

Frank Thomas donates to charities too, and he's as selfish as anyone in the league. I never said he was an asshole like Bonds.

And that still doesn't answer my main question of that post. How would there be blood on the sock?

And Greg, normally, no, I don't think a person would think about doing that. But from a person with a selfish, greater than god attitude like Curt Schilling? You bet your ass I do.

I respectfully disagree.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
Frank Thomas donates to charities too, and he's as selfish as anyone in the league. I never said he was an asshole like Bonds.

And that still doesn't answer my main question of that post. How would there be blood on the sock?

Someone has to have asked him that before.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
CS_ank_bdd_11.7.04.JPG

...and we're concerned with the socks that he wore? :chair

It's merely a question, and that type of surgery looks like it would have been wrapped up in enough gauze to not bleed through the sock. I mean, I assume that is what it looked like right afterwards; I'm sure he didn't just throw a sock on and say let's go pitch.

I'm not questioning the talent and will of the player, just the character and the circumstances of him.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
It's merely a question, and that type of surgery looks like it would have been wrapped up in enough gauze to not bleed through the sock. I mean, I assume that is what it looked like right afterwards; I'm sure he didn't just throw a sock on and say let's go pitch.

I'm not questioning the talent and will of the player, just the character and the circumstances of him.

Have you ever had surgery on a foot, and then played a sport directly afterward? I have. And it bled through my shoe.