SSR: Brian Anderson, Jim Thome, NBA Playoffs

Chisoxfn

SouthSideReport (Our Brand New Player)

This week Jason Gage is joined by a special guest, Danny Santaromita, of FutureSox.com. The two discuss the previous week, more specifically the struggles of Brian Anderson and whether his career on the Southside is over. They also breakdown Jim Thome's injury and the different options Ken Williams and Ozzie Guillen have. In addition, with the NBA playoffs in full force Gage and Santaromita discuss the Bulls playoff chances as well as give a quick breakdown on the NBA playoffs. You also have a couple typical Gage rants and some great minor league discussion and much much more!!!!

i disagree with regards to the yankees not being able to get a pitcher to help bail their weak sauce rotation out. Hughes is a no go but they could move Chamberlain/Clippard/Betances/Wright/Tabata/Kennedy/Garcia/Montero. If the marlins fall out of it i could see Willis being moved to NY, hes young, having a good start to the season, very marketable and could anchor that future rotation with Wang. Hughes and dare i say Igawa?

sooner than later the marlins are going to have to pick between Cabrera or Willis, and its pretty apparent Miggy is putting up a HOF resume.

Weird, everything else sounded pretty normal when I listened. I guess the whole elbow and ER and stiches thing made you more manly, jas. Good show, BTW. Site has been fixed and updated too.

QUOTE(mu mu @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
Jeez, I'm an idiot, how did I not see that? Thanks for pointing it out. I quit smoking today maybe that's having an effect on my mental clarity.

Hopefully you're staying strong. It's not easy.

Best of luck. :)

That new player is pretty sweet; nice work with that.

And I have to echo what everyone else said, your voice definitely sounded different in this week’s show. Crazy soccer story—I’m glad the napkin saved your life.

I agree with Dan, Buehrle definitely won’t be a Cy Young contender. However, I think we’ll get a solid year out of him—we’ll get 15-18 wins and an ERA around 4.00.

Obviously I’m listening to this after the fact, but I agree with your point about BA. He was amazing on defense. He’s just been horrid with the bat. It’ll be interesting to see how he does in Charlotte, because as you said Dan, he’s regressed—and there wasn’t much to regress from. I’ll be shocked to see him in a Sox uniform ever again.

I agree about what you said about Sweeney and Fields. I’d hate to have them sit on our bench, without getting any ABs. That’s going to do them no good at all.

I will also be surprised if we see much from Gavin Floyd. We obviously got rid of Freddy at the right time (at least that’s what it appears at the moment); however, I don’t think we’ll get anything out him either. It’s nice to have Gio back though.

Also, I do feel Danks has done a good job in exceeding expectations so far. He’s kept us in ball games, regardless what his numbers say right now. If our offense could even pretend to be average, he’d have multiple wins under his belt.

I would love to hear a 24/7-365 show. :lol:

Haha, the Gage bloody shirt—that’d be a quality ESPN story.

I like your WS prediction Dan; unfortunately, I think you might have nailed what it could end up being.

I agree with what you said about basketball Gage. The NBA’s fallen off big time in my eyes the past few years.

Great show this week guys. Dan, nice job in your debut—hopefully this isn’t your only week on the show.

Ya, I think I'm the odd man out this week. As always thanks for the feedback. I'm also working on getting an email address set up for listeners to start sending us questions throughout the week that we'll answer.

And Dan I just want to say...fantastic job, I definitely look forward getting you on for some more shows and segments throughout the season.

Although I may surprise Scalise and whoever the 2nd is (maybe Ernst) and do a call in from the Sox/Angels game.