Sweeney Called Up

Heads22

Well if this is true then I hope Ozzie starts him in LF everyday for the next 15 games or so while Mack and Ozuna platoon at DH.

If they're going to start the arbitration clock, they better not have him sitting on the bench stunting his development. I really don't think he's ready, but might as well use him and see. Maybe he could at least take Anderson's spot when Thome gets back.

Let's just hope he doesn't get on Ozzie's bad side.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
Just remember everyone, if he's struggling (which I consider inevitable), this is one of our top offensive prospects.

I think the only real offensive prospect in the Sox system is Cunningham. I don't mean to bash Sweeney, but he's struggling in AAA. And even if he weren't, it's not like he'll be a better hitter than Mackowiak. The Sox system is very weak, and if they want to compete they should really trade for an OF that can hit. They'll need one next season anyway.

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Thank God. Cintron made me puke.

Prepare to puke some more, becuase Cintron will still see a lot of playing time. Ozzie said that the players who are here now will get more playing time than whoever got called up. It makes no sense at all, but that's what he said and it doesn't suprise me.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
I think the only real offensive prospect in the Sox system is Cunningham. I don't mean to bash Sweeney, but he's struggling in AAA.

It's only April dude.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
I think the only real offensive prospect in the Sox system is Cunningham. I don't mean to bash Sweeney, but he's struggling in AAA. And even if he weren't, it's not like he'll be a better hitter than Mackowiak. The Sox system is very weak, and if they want to compete they should really trade for an OF that can hit. They'll need one next season anyway.

really the sox system is weak? everyone on the board says its great.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
Incoming beginning of Sweeney's arb. clock via sitting on the bench!! Ozzie makes no sense sometimes, play him in LF, we already have an OFer designated to take up space on the bench.

they like him better than the surfer dude

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)

You know how I've felt about the system in the past, and even I observe some signs of encouragement in the pitching department.

Only way we're combating the future rotation of divisional opponents is either by producing a legion of #2/#3 starters, or hoping an x-factor emerges. Someone acquired via trade or from within the system who comes out of nowhere.

Far as Sweeney, if nothing else, his swing is fluid and it will be a welcomed change from previous hitting prospects.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)

Anderson is never going to have a career with the Sox, Sweeney should have a pretty long one.