Bears TE Greg Olsen and the 7th Floor Crew

For those of you who don't remember the 7th floor crew.....

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-foo...ffle-137453.php

Now what I DID NOT know was Greg Olsen dropped some beats in that epic rap jam....

(Whats your name?) G-Reg. (What you do?) Get head. (How you do it?) Drop my drawers, let her see my third leg. Chillin' on the 7th floor, I gotta let these chickens know Big Greg is in the house, and I'm gonna to make these hoes choke. On my balls, on my dick then I bust a nut quick. On her face, on her chest, stick my dick between her breasts. Come on fellas, let's get weird. Stick your dick up in her ear. While I'm laughin at these guys, a second nut all in her eyes. (Wait a minute...in her eyes?) In her eyes.

Gotta love Jerry's high character picks.

:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stuff that 100 percent of guys have at least joked about in college, my character comment was just messing with Angelo. The fact Olsen said all this doesn't make him a bad character, but the fact he said it on a recording that he knew could end up online for anyone to hear makes him pretty stupid. This is more an intelligence issue than character one. Anybody who thinks this kind of joking like in his rap doesn't go on everywhere is pretty ignorant.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 1, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
David Haugh never went to college

You can read about this stuck up prick b**** about it. Seriously, has he never been in a college dorm?

i didn't have much of a problem with the column. i think slezak and mariotti hit olsen harder.

and fwiw, haugh went to and played football at ball state. he was a defensive back.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
I think the lyrics are hilarious, and almost everyone who ever went to college participated in stuff like this or joked like that...

Exactly, including Haugh. It's just bad journalism on his part to ignore that obvious fact and not admit he himself had joked about similar things. Like was said above, it's issue of stupidity that he could get caught instead of a character issue.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
Exactly, including Haugh. It's just bad journalism on his part to ignore that obvious fact and not admit he himself had joked about similar things. Like was said above, it's issue of stupidity that he could get caught instead of a character issue.

I sent him an email about it, actually...

Mr. Haugh,

Who are you to question Greg Olsen's lack of character? Perhaps you did not go to college, perhaps you are a saint, perhaps you've never made a crude joke in your life. If so, good for you.

I, for one, having recently graduated college, saw those lyrics to his rap portion of that song as nothing more than harmless joking. If we're in a society where you can't make a rough joke, then I am sorry. Greg Olsen's character should not be questioned because of a little goofing around he did in college. Did he assault anyone? No. Did he rape anyone? No. Did he hurt anyone in any way? No. Did he drive intoxicated? No.

The problem I have with this article is the fact that this is no worse than things that can be seen on South Park, SNL (with curse words deleted), or many other venues of media. There are so many more things to worry about; to question his character/integrity over a joke in college is jumping the gun, and wasting a portion of the Chicago Tribune, which people pay hard-earned dollars for...

If you want to go off on someone, save it for athletes like Tank Johnson, Pete Rose, Marcus Fizer, Randy Moss, Marcus Vick, anyone on the Bengals. Don't spend an entire column complaining about a kid who has no criminal record of any kind, is well spoken, and spent a few hours goofing off with buddies in a dorm room... and don't waste my money either.

Sincerely,

Steve Harnden

After listening to all 8 minutes and 56 seconds of this unbelievably disgusting rap, I was shaking in anger and shock. How is it possible for these young men to have such little respect -- or is it hatred? -- for women?

She was shaking in anger???? LMAO Sure a girl wouldnt like that song. Uh Carol, he was 18 years old when he did this, in college. Lets not go overboard on what happened in a dorm or frat in college when they were 18. I am sure that a lot of things that people did in college at 18 through say whatever is not going to go on your resume.

People need a reality check.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
How is this any worse than any random rap song? Is there the same outrage over Beason's role in the recording or do people in Carolina just not care? Just curious.

Artest has a whole album of this stuff, does he not?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
Artest has a whole album of this stuff, does he not?

yeah, but that's ron artest we're talking about. people know ron's crazy. that he would be crazy and a mysogynist is no great leap.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
Uh Carol, he was 18 years old when he did this, in college. Lets not go overboard on what happened in a dorm or frat in college when they were 18.

Imagine the things she did in a dorm or frat at 18. :ph34r:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those of you who don't remember the 7th floor crew.....

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-foo...ffle-137453.php

Now what I DID NOT know was Greg Olsen dropped some beats in that epic rap jam....

Gotta love Jerry's high character picks.

:D

Are you kidding me? What is wrong with his character? So he goofed off as an 18 year old freshman in college. What is the big deal? I think he has great character if he went to the U and this is the worst thing he did.

Were so screwed. We drafted the best tight end in the draft thats gonna make our offense significantly better. Hes fast, big and has soft hands but...he made a rap song when he was 18 in college and was talking about girls provocatively.

A guy like Merriweather gets drafted by New England, but thats ok, Belicheck will control him

QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
Are you kidding me? What is wrong with his character? So he goofed off as an 18 year old freshman in college. What is the big deal? I think he has great character if he went to the U and this is the worst thing he did.

You should really read all the posts in the thread before replying to the initial one.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
This is stuff that 100 percent of guys have at least joked about in college, my character comment was just messing with Angelo. The fact Olsen said all this doesn't make him a bad character, but the fact he said it on a recording that he knew could end up online for anyone to hear makes him pretty stupid. This is more an intelligence issue than character one. Anybody who thinks this kind of joking like in his rap doesn't go on everywhere is pretty ignorant.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
I think the lyrics are hilarious, and almost everyone who ever went to college participated in stuff like this or joked like that...

I'm certain Soxy and Queen rapped like that all the time . . . ;)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
I was shocked at the flow Olsen had actually. For a white guy, he can spit pretty well (although he says he didn't write the lyrics, but whatever). Kudos to the #31 pick in that regard.

Yo yo yo

m boy G_Reg gots flow

he give girls the big O

and he ain't white boy slow.

WORD!