Possible Crede suitor?

mmmmmbeeer

Was listening to Baseball Tonight pre-game on the ESPN radio this evening. Heard them mention that the Giants are probably going to be looking to deal Noah Lowry for an OF or a 3b. They guy gives up a ton of hits but has had decent 3.xx era's in the NL. Y'all think KW might try to get in on some Lowry by moving Crede, especially if we end up having a firesale?

I really dont think Crede alone would be enough for Lowry.Young pitching costs a whole lot and the Giants would be stupid to trade him for a position player alone.You would see a couple of our young arms in that deal also,would that deal be worth it?

QUOTE(shipps @ May 6, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
I really dont think Crede alone would be enough for Lowry.Young pitching costs a whole lot and the Giants would be stupid to trade him for a position player alone.You would see a couple of our young arms in that deal also,would that deal be worth it?

He's made 80 career starts, had a 4.74 ERA in the NL last year, and has a K/BB ratio of

No, he's not interesting at all.

Lowry's not exactly a spring chicken, he's going to be getting to his FA years soon, and he'd be going from one of the best pitcher's park to one of the worst. I'd want to get something a little younger and with a higher ceiling for Crede.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2007 -> 02:09 AM)
Lowry's not exactly a spring chicken, he's going to be getting to his FA years soon, and he'd be going from one of the best pitcher's park to one of the worst. I'd want to get something a little younger and with a higher ceiling for Crede.

San Francisco has nothing that could possibly interest the Sox, unless they want to give Cain or Lincecum to the Sox (not happening). If the Sox trade Crede, I'd hope that they could target a team that has a good middle infield prospect to take over for Iguchi or Uribe.

He'll be 27 next season and has been absolutely terrible on the road. .277/.353/.464/.817 career line along with a 5.22 ERA. He signed an extension last season so he'll be making 1.15M in 2007, 2.25M in 2008 and 4.5M in 2009 the deal includes a Team Option for 2010 worth 6.25M.

No thanks.

no thanks, all though as i stated in previous posts i still think the giants then phillies make the most sense for Crede. I'd be all about getting Jonathan Sanchez and one of their promising up and coming 2B either Marcus Sanders or Kevin Frandsen.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
no thanks, all though as i stated in previous posts i still think the giants then phillies make the most sense for Crede. I'd be all about getting Jonathan Sanchez and one of their promising up and coming 2B either Marcus Sanders or Kevin Frandsen.

We need to trade for Michael Bourn Supremacy and make him the starter in LF with Sweeney in RF.

The Angels are apparently getting very serious about making a big trade for a 3rd baseman and I still think Crede makes a lot of sense. The Angels also have an assload of prospects (middle infield) plus guys like Kochman/Morales...both of whom I wouldn't mind.

The key is, this deal would be a lot easier to sign off on if Fields was developing down in AAA. I'm talking a Aybar/Morales for Crede. I don't think they bite, but than the Sox could come in and offer up one of there three lefties in the pen and I think at that point the Angels would perk there ears (its been forever since they had any sort of worthwhile lefty in that pen).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2007 -> 12:38 AM)
The Angels are apparently getting very serious about making a big trade for a 3rd baseman and I still think Crede makes a lot of sense. The Angels also have an assload of prospects (middle infield) plus guys like Kochman/Morales...both of whom I wouldn't mind.

The key is, this deal would be a lot easier to sign off on if Fields was developing down in AAA. I'm talking a Aybar/Morales for Crede. I don't think they bite, but than the Sox could come in and offer up one of there three lefties in the pen and I think at that point the Angels would perk there ears (its been forever since they had any sort of worthwhile lefty in that pen).

Jason, I've brought his name up like 100 times already, and you've got the best idea when it comes to the Angels, so I'll ask - is Figgins at all a possibility to be traded this season, or is his trading more of an offseason move?

I know Anaheim has a lot of players in the positions Figgins plays, and they have quite a bit of team speed, so basically just curious.

Either way, the Sox matchup really well with the Angels when it comes to atleast Crede, and I'd be very excited to make a move. This team definitely needs more speed and getting a few more players that get on base would be pretty damn nice.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
Jason, I've brought his name up like 100 times already, and you've got the best idea when it comes to the Angels, so I'll ask - is Figgins at all a possibility to be traded this season, or is his trading more of an offseason move?

I know Anaheim has a lot of players in the positions Figgins plays, and they have quite a bit of team speed, so basically just curious.

Either way, the Sox matchup really well with the Angels when it comes to atleast Crede, and I'd be very excited to make a move. This team definitely needs more speed and getting a few more players that get on base would be pretty damn nice.

I think a team could get Figgins for pennies on a dollar. He hasn't done much anything since he came back and there are some in the organization that feel he's a back of the order hitter. Plus, the Angels have apparently finally decided they need a legitimate 3rd baesman (not just offensively speaking, but the reality is Figgins isn't near as good as most third baseman defensively speaking either).

So once that happens, Figgins can't play SS (Cabrera is good) and they have Aybar, Moralse and Maicer Itzuris all capable at 2nd (so he won't be there) and in the outfield you have Vladdy, GA (when he's healthy) and at some point this season Juan Rivera and obviously Gary Matthews Jr...plus Reggie Willits is kicking butt.

So yeah, I see no reason they wouldn't part with Figgins this year (mainly because if they get a good 3rd baseman, I don't see where he plays, especially if they are serious about getting Howie Kenrdick a boatload of AB's when he's back off the DL).

I know one thing, Aybar can freaking fly and has a nice stick but he's no Howie Kenrdick and Figgins obviously can fly too. I know Ozzie needs speed and I think Kenny needs to make sure he has some.

I think Morales is a guy I'd get (especially if they thought he was capable of playing outfield). Aybar would be nice too, of course I don't know where the club plays him (I'd have no problem with him replacing Iguchi, but the Sox aren't going to trade Iguchi or at least I wouldn't think they would).

However, all of those names make sense:

Aybar

Figgins

Morales

Willits (I don't think the Angels would trade him)

Kendrick would be amazing but he's pretty much untouchable along with Brandon Wood.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)

Plus they would have a lot of interest for Logan/Thornton/Sisco. Whether the Sox want to give up one of those guys is another story, but for the right price I'd do it. I got to be honest, I'd consider dealing Iguchi in a move as well (too bad the Angels have no interest in him) just as a way to completely shake things up (plus if the team isn't thinking about keeping Iguchi I think you might as well move him and get value for him and find a faster 2nd baseman that gives Ozzie more of what he wants (and in general I think moving two guys in the lineup could help create a spark).

I really like the thought of Figgins, because he's due to atleast get on at a respectable clip, has the speed to steal 50 bases, and has a bit of pop in his bat as well. The problem then becomes where he gets playing time, whether at 3B or LF (I would assume 3B mainly because Sweeney is looking like a legitamate bottom of the order hitter this year, even if he is a bit mediocre defensively there). It also gets Erstad out of the leadoff spot, which means he would still likely remain at 2, even though Iguchi is the best 2 hitter in the lineup; that's beyond the point, because Erstad is a better 2 hitter than he is leadoff hitter, and I become atleast slightly satisfied. It would also spend the end of the Podsednik era in Chicago, which would be outstanding for the team because he just doesn't serve much of a purpose at all anymore.

I'm also not sure how high the organization is on Logan, but they most definitely really like Sisco, and they did sign Thornton to a contract extension in the offseason, so I imagine they probably like him a bit too. If Anaheim would do Crede and Logan for Figgins and Morales/Aybar, I'm not sure how the White Sox can turn it down. The problem is that I'm not sure how willing the Angels would be to trade off a 50+ steal guy along with a solid prospect for a 3Bman hitting .210 and a rookie reliever who some think may be a LOOGY long term.

And from everything I've ever read and seen from Kendrick, it'd be just about impossible to get him.

Regardless, I'd love to get Figgins because he'd be a capable leadoff hitter, and I'd love to get one of their middle infield prospects. I've also come to like Willits too (I'm sure beautox is just loving me saying that), so if he could be acquired for anything close to cheap, it would be a steal.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 7, 2007 -> 05:20 AM)
right now we are at .500, unless we fall below that I dont think the whitesox will be trading any of the starters on the majorleague team.

Correct. This team isn't going to be selling anyone off, anytime soon.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
We need to trade for Michael Bourn Supremacy and make him the starter in LF with Sweeney in RF.

Bourn is a player I've coveted for a while, but he is not a LF...his arm is too good for LF...You'd see him in CF or RF. Most likely CF because he's not much of a power hitter, but he has blazing speed, plays great defense, and can hit. I'd love to get him, but he's probably not going to be ready until next year.

That all said, I don't think this season is near over and want to ride it and see where it goes. If we fall off the pace (possible) then we trade...if we stay in the race (also possible) then we need the people who got us there.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 7, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
I really like the thought of Figgins, because he's due to atleast get on at a respectable clip, has the speed to steal 50 bases, and has a bit of pop in his bat as well. The problem then becomes where he gets playing time, whether at 3B or LF (I would assume 3B mainly because Sweeney is looking like a legitamate bottom of the order hitter this year, even if he is a bit mediocre defensively there). It also gets Erstad out of the leadoff spot, which means he would still likely remain at 2, even though Iguchi is the best 2 hitter in the lineup; that's beyond the point, because Erstad is a better 2 hitter than he is leadoff hitter, and I become atleast slightly satisfied. It would also spend the end of the Podsednik era in Chicago, which would be outstanding for the team because he just doesn't serve much of a purpose at all anymore.

I'm also not sure how high the organization is on Logan, but they most definitely really like Sisco, and they did sign Thornton to a contract extension in the offseason, so I imagine they probably like him a bit too. If Anaheim would do Crede and Logan for Figgins and Morales/Aybar, I'm not sure how the White Sox can turn it down. The problem is that I'm not sure how willing the Angels would be to trade off a 50+ steal guy along with a solid prospect for a 3Bman hitting .210 and a rookie reliever who some think may be a LOOGY long term.

And from everything I've ever read and seen from Kendrick, it'd be just about impossible to get him.

Regardless, I'd love to get Figgins because he'd be a capable leadoff hitter, and I'd love to get one of their middle infield prospects. I've also come to like Willits too (I'm sure beautox is just loving me saying that), so if he could be acquired for anything close to cheap, it would be a steal.

The only place on the field I would like to see Figgins (for the White Sox) is 2B.

That's the position he can do the least amount of damage defensively, and where we need an upgrade in athleticism.