Possible Crede suitor?

mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:46 AM)
so what kind of pain would we be in if the Sox signed Eckstein in the offseason?

Only if we have Eckstein at SS, Miles at 2B, Rowand in LF, Erstad in RF, Byrnes or Kotsay in CF...maybe Scott Brosius at 3B and Sean Casey or Scott Hatteberg at 1B.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:55 AM)
Only if we have Eckstein at SS, Miles at 2B, Rowand in LF, Erstad in RF, Byrnes or Kotsay in CF...maybe Scott Brosius at 3B and Sean Casey or Scott Hatteberg at 1B.

Jack Morris and Mark Buehrle will head the staff.

The grinderness will be unequaled.

QUOTE(shipps @ May 7, 2007 -> 02:02 AM)
I really dont think Crede alone would be enough for Lowry.Young pitching costs a whole lot and the Giants would be stupid to trade him for a position player alone.You would see a couple of our young arms in that deal also,would that deal be worth it?

I think you may have gotten that backwards. I think it should read: "Lowry alone isn't enough for Crede."

We don't need some so so pitcher for a gold glove 30 homer 3bman. We need to resign Crede and look at Josh Fields as a LF'er and sub 3rdbman

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 7, 2007 -> 07:55 AM)
I wouldnt count on any of these deals getting done with the Angels any time soon. They dont want to part with their young talent.

Someone can call me on this if they disagree, but I also wouldn't think that the Halos would be that interested in blocking Brandon Wood's path to the majors, considering they recently moved him to 3rd base in the minors because that's wehre the big league team needed a person.

If Joe ever starts hitting, another interesting slot could be the other LA Team, the Dodgers, who have been struggling with the bats of late and who haven't gotten much out of Wilson Betemit this year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 7, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
Someone can call me on this if they disagree, but I also wouldn't think that the Halos would be that interested in blocking Brandon Wood's path to the majors, considering they recently moved him to 3rd base in the minors because that's wehre the big league team needed a person.

If Joe ever starts hitting, another interesting slot could be the other LA Team, the Dodgers, who have been struggling with the bats of late and who haven't gotten much out of Wilson Betemit this year.

If we're talking about having replacements very close to ready, you have to look at Andy LaRoche too. They just recently called him up.