White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless a DH takes place, rotation pushed back means Garland, Buehrle, Vazquez vs. Cubs and I see Danks on Monday vs, Oakland.

NM, Day/night Double header tomorrow. 1:05pm and 7:05pm according to whitesox.com

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
No, only the night game, todays tix are good for the day game

after i thought that through I realized I wouldn't be able to hit the day game anyway, so, no loss no gain for me... except I'll see a tired team.

QUOTE(shaneomacfan @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
Has anyone heard the tv situation for tomorrow? I'm just hoping we get to see one of the games out here in Iowa. :gosox3:

Comcast during the day. WCIU at night.

It will be interesting to see who starts on Sunday, as Danks would be on three days rest. I would like to see Garland start tomorrow (with Jose pushed back), then have Garland pitch on short rest Sunday. Other options are Danks on short rest, and Haeger/Russell/Broadway(which could be a disaster).

What B.S. Why was the game called? They easily could have gotten this one in. Was getting updates from a friend at the game and people were wondering why they weren't playing. He said they easily could have started at 7:30.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
Well, I personally love double headers... Wish they kept it like in the old days where there would be day-night double headers every weekend.

I'd like double headers more if I could go to both with one ticket. :D

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
What B.S. Why was the game called? They easily could have gotten this one in. Was getting updates from a friend at the game and people were wondering why they weren't playing. He said they easily could have started at 7:30.

I was there and this is the most ridiculous postponement I have ever witnessed. I had no hat. I had no umbrella, I watched most of the Bulls game from my seat exposed to all elements, and while I was a little damp, if you looked at me, you would have no idea I was out in a 2 hour rain delay. In fact, you would not be able to tell I was in the rain for 2 minutes. If they started at 7:30, the game would not have been delayed. The clubbies were dumping the gatorade coolers about 45 minutes before Gene Honda announced the postponement, which occurred at around 9:15, about the time they said the rain would stop. It was not raining at all when said announcement was made. Its also suspiciously about the same time beer sales would end and the hot dog stands would shut down had the game started on time. When we left, 1 minute after the announcement, the Yankees were already on their bus. I also have a problem with having the make-up date the next day. This isn't Wrigleyville, Sox fans have to go to work.

QUOTE(Scwible @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
Moron.

They were actually a trio.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
As of 10:14 tonight's game has been postponed. This coming from the official white sox email. LMAO.

Lol, I got that to... But at least I also got an e-mail from my brother saying that he is getting tickets for me to go to a Sox game.